Riverside Research is an independent National Security Nonprofit dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $125M , and a staff of more than 630, Riverside Research provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country's most challenging technical problems. Riverside Research also supports advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
The company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University and has a current focus on technical areas including Radar systems, Optics and Photonics, Electromagnetics, Plasma physics, Geoint, Masint, Systems Engineering, and Modeling & Simulation.
Riverside Research's open innovation R&D model encourages both internal and external collaboration to accelerate innovation, advance science, and expand market opportunities. In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, OH, adding a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC is a collaborative R&D environment that fosters creativity, synergy, and ultimately delivers innovative solutions to current and anticipated challenges. The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company. Riverside Research has additional research facilities in Boston, MA; New York, NY; Centreville, VA; and Champaign, IL.
Job Number 945
Riverside Research prides itself on delivering efficient, effective solutions and the key to our success is our talented Program Managers. We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to organize and coordinate a variety of technical contracts across various DoD and Government customers. This position will be responsible for all program management functions involving planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, and conducting organizational activities to ensure operational policies and process program elements are integrated, documented, and delivered. This support includes any and all program management-related tasks and deliverables. The selected candidate must have expertise in managing a wide variety of technical and administrative programs, including experience in directing technical staff, team members, and contractors. This position is contingent upon contract award. Award anticipated 15 October 2022.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship. Job Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective customer relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Supervise and mentor a technically diverse, geographically separated team
- Collaborate with the government customer to develop long-term technical strategies
- Execute with minimal oversight program management duties, including managing day-to-day operations, maintaining work plans and timelines, tracking and projecting program spending, preparing status reports/briefs, and ensuring program status is communicated to all stakeholders
- Manage subcontracting, consulting, and procurement activities for assigned programs
- Assess program issues and develop resolutions to meet schedule, quality, and customer goals
- Identify and capture new growth opportunities to expand business portfolio
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS clearance
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business/management, or related fields
- 3 years program management experience
- 3 years' experience managing a team
- 3 years' experience managing R&D efforts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of program management processes
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload
- Demonstrated ability to identify and execute on-contract growth opportunities
- Active TS Secret clearance
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Master's or PhD degree in engineering, business/management, or related fields
- Previous government acquisition experience in managing cost, schedule, and performance
- Experience in proposal development process
Riverside Research does not mandate COVID vaccination as a condition of employment. However, proof of vaccination or negative test may be required to enter certain government facilities and sites. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site-specific requirements. To protect the health and safety of its employees, their families, and to comply with customer requirements, the company requires all employees to disclose vaccination status (upon hire).
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. We continue to add experienced and technically astute staff who are highly motivated to help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers deliver world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented defense company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check. Our EEO Policy
Riverside Research is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability/veteran, status as a protected veteran, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance at any time in our application or interview process, please contact Human Resources at
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Program Manager
. A member of the HR team will be available to assist.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
For more information on "EEO is the Law," please visit:
- Contract Management
- Customer Relationship Management