Qwaltec has an immediate opening for a full time Accounting Clerk. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for Accounts Payable invoices and payments, payroll, reconciling general ledger accounts, and completing monthly general ledger in compliance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
· Process vendor invoices in accordance with company policy
· Maintain accounts payable aging report and ensure vendor payments are processed in a timely manner
· Interface with vendor, customers, and employees on a regular basis
· Responsible for vendor maintenance by ensuring vendor documentation is current, complete and accurately reflected within financial system
· Monitor timecards and ensure employees are following company timecard policies and procedures
· Process payroll bi-weekly
· Understand expense account and cost centers
· Complete general ledger account reconciliations
· Research discrepancies of vendor invoices, vendor payments, payroll accounts, and other general ledger accounts as assigned
· Perform filing, general administrative tasks and any other tasks as required
· Documenting processes and procedures
· Protect confidential and proprietary information
Qualifications and Skills:
· Ability to work independently and with a remote team
· Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting principles
· Minimum intermediate skill level with excel, word, and outlook
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration; Equivalent experience is acceptable in place of a degree
Qwaltec is a Women Owned Small Business (WOSB) specializing in Space Systems Operations. We provide Ground Systems Operations & Engineering, Mission Readiness, Technical Training, Systems Engineering and Software Engineering expertise for space vehicle mission control rooms, ground systems and mission operations teams. Our vision is to make a difference on and off the planet by demonstrating that the mission, our customers, and our team members matter. We strive for excellence and accountability and to exceed expectations while acting with integrity and compassion. We believe it is important to invest in relationships and value openness, honesty and fairness.
Qwaltec is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
The job skills required for ACCOUNTING CLERK include Accounting, Accounts Payable, Bookkeeping, General Ledger, outlook, Account Reconciliation etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an ACCOUNTING CLERK. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by ACCOUNTING CLERK. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.