Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for establishing and promoting a culture in which we proactively engage and educate pet parents and help them feel confident that they are providing the best care to their pets.
- Assist in managing a matrix-like environment to ensure operational goals and customer satisfaction needs are met.
- Promote a culture of service and trust for customers and staff.
- Establish and sustain an environment that supports partners in doing their jobs well, ensuring each associate receives the prescribed training and feedback, and meets the required qualifications for their position.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Oversees the daily operation and manages all aspects of the business to ensure it meets sales and profitability projections.
- Completes and submits accounting, inventory management, and payroll paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure all expenses are maintained within budgeted levels.
- Coaches partners to peak levels of productivity, efficiency and teamwork. Encourages a culture of fun, accomplishment, development and teamwork.
- Establishes, models and sustains an environment of proactive customer engagement, seeking to understand customer needs and educate them on the best choice for their pets so they leave confident, satisfied and wanting to return. Trains, coaches and supports sales partners to do the same.
- Manages partners, which includes recruiting, reviewing job applications, and interviewing job applicants, checking references, conducting pre-employment background checks, hiring, and training.
- Manages and coaches partners to do their jobs well and to balance the needs of the customer with the need to complete assigned responsibilities. Responsible for the continuous training and development of partners.
- Ensures partners have the necessary training, knowledge and customer engagement skills to achieve sales goals.
- Participate in tasks associated with scheduling veterinarians in advance of clinics.
- Partner with clinic location management and Petco field leadership to identify business and relationship improvement opportunities and lead or assist in their implementation.
- Participate and present material on clinics to store leadership partners.
This position directly supervises Vet Assistants, Customer Assistant, and Rig Managers and other market support personnel.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.