This position reports to a Software Engineering Team Lead and will collaborate with other software developers. May work with support staff assigned to design business requirements and with quality assurance personnel. This position is responsible for software development and assisting with the maintenance of NISC’s Utility, Broadband, Financials, Operations software and/or AppSuite mobile applications.
To Learn more about NISC's internships, click HERE.
**Current applications submitted will be under consideration for Summer 2023 (May - August)**
- Performs basic research, design and development of software systems.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves basic software maintenance.
- Assists in the enhancement and/or maintenance of application programs in the business areas listed above within our Application & Platform Division.
- Follows all established software development methodologies and procedures.
- Performs quality testing as it relates to both unit and system integration dependent on the tasks assigned.
- Reviews and prioritizes assigned change requests.
- Ensures that all information is appropriately entered and utilized in the iVUE Support tool.
Desired Job Experience:
- Strong customer orientation.
- Familiarity with Angular, CSS, Java, J2EE architecture, EJB, RMI, Hibernate, HTML, JSP, XML, SQL, Springboot microservices architecture, and enterprise design patterns.
- Familiarity with Oracle and/or Progress databases.
- Familiarity with Linux and Microsoft Windows.
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively adapt to change.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and confidentiality.
- Commitment to NISC's Statement of Shared Values.
Desired Education and/or Certification(s):
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science related field field
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.