MRC Global serves the oil and gas industry across the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors as well as the chemical and gas distribution market sectors worldwide. We have an immediate opening for an Outside Sales Representative.
Job Purpose: Responsible for execution and achievement of established financial goals; accountable for the sales development and gross margin growth in an assigned territory from lead generation to close.
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Generate new business through analysis of assigned territory to identify new customers and markets;
- Grow existing accounts through execution of a proactive sales plan with initiatives to include focus on lost & declining business in existing customer base;
- Achieve maximum profitability by meeting or exceeding gross margin goals through effective negotiation;
- Deliver superior service through consultative sales, preparing quality presentation materials, conducting demonstrations, detailing products and cost savings, determining customer needs and requirements, and offering solutions;
- Research and develop information on new projects;
- Develop knowledge of customer accounts within assigned territory, to include technical requirements, production volume and schedules, targeted pricing, applicable contract requirements, and competitive analysis;
- Negotiate with vendors and coordinate efforts with Supply Chain groups for best product prices;
- Work with Branch/Regional management and National Accounts team to develop strategic territory business plans, assist with proposals, contract research and negotiation, and implementation of sales strategies to achieve sales growth;
- Ensure contractual compliance that may require difficult conversations surrounding deviations from contractual agreements in partnership with management and national account teams;
- Identify and communicate work in process, threats, opportunities, and related market trends as appropriate;
- Develop and continually improve product knowledge, pricing, and MRC Global systems, procedures, and strategy;
- Aggressively respond to and meet sales opportunities by serving as the source for customers’ required information, maintaining consistent contact with all customers in the assigned area of responsibility;
- Develop customer retention strategies by consistently illustrating MRC Global’s value proposition in conjunction with evolving customer needs;
- Drive effective partnership with Branch team; communicate to deepen understanding of customer business processes, buying procedures, and expectations for service;
- Attend branch meetings; Share information; Instill vision and create enthusiasm to achieve goals;
- Partner with branch and other internal resources to investigate and resolve all customer complaints promptly. Evaluate source of problem and follow to resolution;
- Perform related administrative functions in accordance with MRC Global procedures to include quotations, order placement, delivery confirmation, processing changes and returns, and responding to messages and inquiries;
- Work with branch warehouse to achieve delivery performance goals, ensure orders are filled as promised, keeping customers informed of order status;
- Advocate and engage in promotion and maintenance of safety initiatives;
- Exercise care in all activities; demonstrate safety leadership; address and report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately;
- Carry out other duties within the scope, spirit, and purpose of the job;
- Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience that provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work;
- Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside sales and/or warehouse services in a position with increasing responsibility, to include demonstrated sales negotiation experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of PVF materials and ability to understand scope of services to include pricing, supply, and contract terms;
- Demonstrated competence in the use of computers and software applications;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others in one to one or group situations;
- Willingness and ability to be on call as needed to provide 24-hour service to customers;
- Willingness and ability to travel within and outside branch service area, with occasional overnight stays;
- Valid Driver’s license with the ability to meet the MRC Global vehicle policy.
- Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
- Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others, understand and interpret safety instructions, and to respond to inquiries;
- Ability to understand and comply with MRC guidelines and expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
About Mrc Global
MRC Global is a Texas-based company that manufactures and distributes stainless steel pipes, valves, and flanges to construction, and oil and gas sectors across the Globe.
4 Days Ago
Remote | Full Time
5 Days Ago
The job skills required for Outside Sales Representative (OSR) include Customer Service, Outside Sales, Presentation, Sales Development, Inside Sales, Initiative, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Outside Sales Representative (OSR).
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Outside Sales Representative (OSR).
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Customer Service
For the skill of Presentation
The following is the career advancement route for Outside Sales Representative (OSR) positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Outside Sales Representative (OSR),
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Field Sales Merchandising Supervisor that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Outside Sales Representative (OSR). You can explore the career advancement for an Outside Sales Representative (OSR) below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
2 Months Ago
If you are interested in becoming an Outside Sales Representative, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Outside Sales Representative for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Outside Sales Representative job description and responsibilities
Their career success depends on meeting yearly sales quotas.
02/16/2022: Ventura, CA
Outside sales representatives usually do extensive sales presentations and attend trade shows.
12/21/2021: Cheyenne, WY
Complete expense reports and sales reports.
01/26/2022: Albany, GA
Outside sales reps travel, brokering face-to-face deals.
01/12/2022: New Orleans, LA
Outside sales representatives spend much of their time traveling to and visiting with current clients and prospective buyers.
02/11/2022: Ann Arbor, MI
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Outside Sales Representative jobs
Listen, understand and take action.
12/31/2021: Fort Collins, CO
Don’t be scared to ask questions.
12/02/2021: New Brunswick, NJ
Communicate as efficiently as possible.
02/08/2022: El Paso, TX
View the best colleges and universities for Outside Sales Representative.
High Point University