EPIC BEAKER ANALYST
As Mount Sinai grows, so does our legacy of caring!
Located in the heart of Miami Beach, overlooking the breathtaking intracoastal waterway, Mount Sinai Medical Center is dedicated to providing exceptional health care to our diverse community enhanced through innovation, technology, teaching, and research.
Mount Sinai is South Florida's largest private independent not-for-profit hospital with 672 beds, and a tight-knit community of more than 4,000 employees.
We provide world-class care:
- Named one of America's 250 Best Hospitals for 2020 and 2021 by Healthgrades, positioning Mount Sinai among the top 5% of hospitals in the nation for overall clinical excellence.
- A pioneer in innovative medical research in areas such as cardiology, cancer, memory disorders and pulmonary diseases
- The BEST cardiac surgery survival rate in Florida
- A new seven-story Surgical Tower with 154 all-private rooms and patient centered technology promotes an exceptional patient experience
This position supports Electronic Medical Record (EMR) EPIC Beaker software related to patient care delivery, and billing in our Clinical Laboratory. Partners with clinical, revenue cycle, and operational support staff to develop, implement and maintain software solutions to support optimal care delivery and healthcare operations.
- Lead all phases (e.g. design, build and testing) of small to medium size application projects including Epic software upgrades, adoption of new Epic functionality and/or significant enhancements to integrated workflows.
- Provide Epic product function expertise for the design, build, and testing for assigned module(s), including but not limited to Beaker.
- Performs complex work for assigned applications including analyzing system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, identifying output requirements, input data acquisition, reporting techniques and structure, and data controls.
- Maintains assigned application through partnership with technical experts, vendors, and technology teams to ensure the application continues to support end-users and to mitigate any functional or operational issues. Tests and troubleshoots existing and proposed systems in order to resolve and anticipate application issues.
- Contributes to the planning of application development and deployment, looking at existing information to identify areas for improvement. Independently provides viable resolution to end-user inquiries and problems related to applications, consulting with appropriate vendors where needed.
- Leads data management, and process improvement activities for assigned application. Contributes to the design and upgrade of systems to ensure up-to-date versions. Provides guidance to vendors on patches and upgrades needed to existing business systems in order to ensure up-to-date and reliable functionality fit.
- This position analyzes end-user requirements, responds to and resolves more complex end-user requests/issues, participates in end-user support and training activities, acts in the role of analyst to define/refine business processes and support end-user’s reporting needs.
- Manages applications projects or serves as a project lead for an application module or system that requires high level of subject matter expertise or certifications related to a specific application
- Maintains advanced knowledge of current operational workflows that are supported through the business or clinical applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in Beaker/Laboratory Systems
- Minimum 1 year of Clinical Laboratory experience Preferred
- Beaker Clinical Pathology (CP) Certification and/or Beaker Anatomic Pathology (AP) Certification Required
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- May require specialized knowledge in a business line
We believe in the physical and mental well-being of our employees and are committed to offering comprehensive benefits that fit their personal needs. Our robust employee benefits package includes:
- Ability to work remotely
- Health benefits
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Healthcare spending accounts
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness program
- On-site childcare & Mater School grades K-3
- On-site housing for selected positions and more!