The Front Desk Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Front Desk Manager and/or General Manager while providing attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay. He/she is also responsible for maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- At least 2 to 3 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required. High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful high pressure situations including ability to handle guest objections and disputes to satisfactory results.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Set the standard for guest relations at the Front Desk.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Monitor all V.I.P. and special guest requests.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Fully comprehend and execute all relevant phases of the front desk computer system.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates packages and promotions currently underway.
- Be familiar with all in-house groups.
- Be aware of all closed out and restricted dates.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Be able to perform all duties of Front Desk Agent.
- Be able to complete and ensure that a proper bucket check room rate verification report and housekeeping report have been accurately done and filed.
- Maintain proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that all Aimbridge Hospitality standards are met.
- Establish and maintain good communications and teamwork with fellow associates and other departments within the hotel (set example for other associates be the team leader).
- Assist the G.S.M. in ensuring that associates are following and maintaining Aimbridge Hospitality standards (i.e. answering phones call-backs to guests guest request log).
- Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all guests are checked in/out in a friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- Be able to perform complete and ensure that all tasks and duties on the shift checklist are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and all other associates.
- Ensure the maximization of room revenue through Rooms Merchandising.
- Answer all guest inquiries in a timely and professional nature.
- Be involved in departmental meeting planning and execution.
- Help maintain productivity levels at or above budgeted standards.
- Perform any other duty as required by management.
- Assist in training of new hires and current associates on a regular basis.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
Nestled in the Bluegrass Country hills near Lexington, Kentucky, is ideally-located resort near downtown, area attractions, Keeneland and the famous Bourbon Trail. During our guest stay, they can relax with body treatments at our full-service spa, perfect their skills on our 18-hole championship golf course, take a dip in our refreshing pool complex and workout in our 24-hour fitness center. Guest can retire to their spacious guest room or suite, featuring plush Tempur-Pedic beds, marble bathrooms and upscale amenities. Guest will be treated to a delicious cuisine at our restaurants, including JW's Steakhouse. Our extensive indoor and outdoor venues set the scene for memorable business meetings, social galas and weddings, each complemented by our world-class services and breathtaking scenery. Whether enjoying a vacation, romantic getaway or traveling for work, we look forward to welcoming our guest to resort in Lexington, Kentucky.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan