Lighthouse Behavioral Health Solutions (Lighthouse) provides individual, outpatient, intensive outpatient, partial hospitalization, residential, psychiatric services, and medication assisted treatment for mental health and substance abuse treatment needs.
We are a treatment facility that prides itself in a welcoming and compassionate approach to substance use and mental health treatment. We believe our clients can achieve recovery and be valued community members through positive engagement and meaningful participation in treatment.
Treatment plans are individualized, and there is great attention to client needs and preferences to achieve the maximum self-actualization that can be derived from treatment.
We apply evidence-based, best practice models reflective of the behavioral healthcare redesign to promote efficient and effective treatment operation and service outcomes.
We believe in achieving quality service through workforce development. Lighthouse invests in training and education to promote professional growth.
Our programs and services are dedicated to adults struggling to cope with alcohol and/or drug addiction and mental health challenges brought about by difficult life experiences on an outpatient basis.
1. The HR Generalist is responsible for day-to-day operations of Human Resource functions for the agency.
2. The HR Generalist manages the onboarding process and ensures a smooth new hire experience for employees and stakeholders.
3. The HR Generalist manages benefit administration for all employees.
4. The HR Generalist consults with managers and supervisors on proper HR handling of employee matters such as promotions, coaching, disciplinary action, and investigations.
5. The HR Generalist conducts general HR duties such as maintaining employee files, running reports, communicating with leadership and employees, and completing VOE’s.
1. Ensures that human resources activities comply with LBHS policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for onboarding new employees once offer letter has been accepted by ordering their background check, drug screen, and ensuring licensure and proper credentials. Communicates with supervisors and IT the new hire has all necessary equipment and schedule. Communicates with new hires to ensure a smooth onboarding.
3. Responsible for benefit administration including managing benefit portals, communicating with employees and leaders, annual open enrollment, terminating benefits, and submitting COBRA information.
4. Works collaboratively with the HR Team on initiatives such as employee engagement, DE&I, retention, talent acquisition, employee appreciation, and performance reviews.
5. Consults with managers on proper HR compliant procedures when issues arise. Is knowledgeable of company policies and consults them when needed. Is knowledgeable of state and federal employment law and advises managers on how to best handle difficult situations.
6. Ensures the fair and consistent application of disciplinary action. Works directly with supervisors to write and administer disciplinary action to employees and files documentation appropriately.
7. Works collaboratively with staff to ensure that employee files are accurate and contain necessary documentation. Completes requests for VOE’s and maintains client facing materials (ex. Benefits at a Glance and handbook).
8. Conducts themselves at a high standard of professionalism and abides by the LBHS Code of Conduct of Ethical Behavior.
This position description does not list all the job duties and is subject to change as the position and LBHS needs evolve. The HR Generalist may be required to perform other duties and responsibilities within reason and as appropriate to one's qualifications.
Lighthouse is certified by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (for Mental Health & Substance Abuse).
Lighthouse is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, genetics, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Lighthouse is committed to modeling diversity and inclusion within and outside our organization and to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
The job skills required for HR Generalist include Onboarding, Leadership, Initiative, Employment Law, background check,and Talent Acquisition etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a HR Generalist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by HR Generalist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.