Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, this position will provide daily maintenance on the machinery, both preventative and repair. Also, responsible for making adjustments and/or repairs to building and equipment as needed, in order to optimize production, quality and performance of lines and equipment..
International Vitamin Corporation (IVC) is a leading global manufacturer of vitamins and nutritional supplements with more than half a century of private label and contract manufacturing experience, an impeccable quality and regulatory compliance record, and with new resources focused on enriching the health and lives of others.
- Responsible for all manufacturing and related machinery and equipment to ensure the proper functioning and operation to minimize downtime.
- Inspect boiler, chillers, and compressor to ensure efficient operation
- Make repair or adjustments to equipment or building as necessary to maintain production, including: troubleshooting, repairs, upgrades, new equipment installations, preventative maintenance, relocation or safety related changes.
- Adjust all equipment to a level whereby maximum accuracy and efficiency is achieved without compromising safety.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery as required.
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs
- Check the pass downs given from the previous shift. Gather all tools and start line production as soon as possible. At the end of the shift, shut off all machinery.
- Responsible for cleaning maintenance shop after completing any projects.
- Assist or provide training to entry level technicians when necessary.
- Complete all necessary training as directed by Supervisor or Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two year technical degree; OR four years relatable maintenance/technical experience may be substituted for minimum education requirements
- 2 years maintenance experience within a manufacturing, industrial or commercial environment
- Proficient computer skills utilizing MS Office and Outlook and Internet (MS Word, Excel); Ability to create spreadsheets, graphs, templates and/or databases
- Knowledge and understanding of LOTO and OSHA safety requirements as related to industrial operations
- Knowledge and understanding of process support equipment and machinery
- Working knowledge of mechanical functions and systems (e.g. change oil, gears, hydraulic and pneumatic systems)