HDG Hotels owns and operates hotels through out the Southeastern Region. Our company offers health, vision and dental insurance; a 401K match; paid time off; and other benefits in an effort to put our people first. If you are looking to be a part of a team whose vision is to positively impact the people and the world around them, then we are the team for you.
HDG's housekeepers play the most crucial component in our guests' stay - the cleanliness of their room. Without good housekeepers, our company could not operate. Our housekeepers must be able to work well with others, have diligence in their work, and put our guests' quality of stay as a main priority.
This position is primarily responsible to ensure the cleanliness of rooms and public spaces. The Room Attendant/Housekeeper position will come in contact with guests and will need to have positive guest interactions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Acknowledges and greets guests in public spaces with a warm, friendly greeting
- Cleaning of hotel rooms including but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, changing bed linens, cleaning bathrooms, lobby and common areas
- Perform quality cleaning to meet required standards within set time limits
- Comply with safety guidelines
- Pick up ground litter around hotel or wherever visible
- In addition to cleaning duties, hotel housekeepers may also be responsible for shared duties, such as delivering beds to guest rooms, replenishing toiletry supplies and lifting and moving lightweight objects around the room
- To work as a hotel housekeeper, candidates will need to have a strong eye for detail
- Housekeepers most also work in a team environment
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Internal and External Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Friendly.
- Business Necessity – The needs of the employer may be dependent on responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands in all aspects of how business is conducted. This may include, but is not limited to, organization structure, finances, goals, personnel, work processes, technology, and customer demands. The employee must be capable of adapting, with minimal or no advance notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished, with no diminishment in work performance.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, taste or smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may vary.
HDG Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.