JOB TITLE: Hourly Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager (GM)
RATE TYPE: Non-Exempt
The Hourly Manager directs team, ensures excellent customer service and operations execution during assigned shifts. The Hourly Manager helps manage cash and inventory controls. The Hourly Manager is responsible for restaurant operations during assigned shifts when management is not present.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
Leads Shift Operations: Directs efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products for prompt customer delivery within the established speed of service guidelines.
- Provides production direction to team in a clear and concise way.
- Sets an example for team by working hard to implement shift plan and ensure swift and smooth production.
- Identifies and resolves bottlenecks in food preparation and order delivery to increase speed of service.
- Demonstrates patience and a positive attitude with team while delegating tasks and giving instructions.
Leads Customer Service: Motivates team members to exceed customer expectations with food and friendly service in clean surroundings.
- Makes a professional impression on customers and team through positive, courteous, and friendly attitude.
- Resolves customer feedback and customer complaints in a timely, friendly and professional manner.
- Demonstrates flexibility to meet different team needs to ensure quality food and good service in a clean environment.
Builds Team Talent: Directs, trains and motivates team members during shift on each of the workstations as needed to enhance restaurant results.
- Delegates work to team members in a way that encourages them to work together during shift to ensure the restaurant operates efficiently.
- Assists in training team members on workstations and making them feel their contributions are valuable.
- Sets challenging goals for self and team during shift and ensures accountability.
- Seeks understanding of employment laws and policies and welcomes new responsibilities in training team members.
- Maintains order and discipline among employees supervised. Hourly Managers may send employees home until formal counseling can be conducted by the General Manager.
Assists with Restaurant Compliance: Adheres to compliance of government regulations, food safety, security policy, cash policies, operations and policies and procedures relating to all activities in the restaurant during the shift.
- Directs team members to do what it takes to maintain restaurant and equipment cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Takes initiative to immediately report violations of safety, sanitation or security policies to restaurant management and perform short-term solutions.
- Motivates team members to comply with all policies and procedures and to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and other team members.
- Demonstrates to restaurant management that he/she can be relied upon to maintain compliance during shift.
Assists with Profit and Loss Management: Follows cash control/security and inventory procedures.
- Reconciles deposits, execute cash management and identifies cash shortages and overages during shifts.
- Execute inventory management for assigned shift.
- Seeks knowledge and coaching from others to increase understanding of restaurant financial controls.
Note: Activities Outside Hourly Managers Scope:
1. Certain administrative responsibilities are inappropriate for the Hourly Manager such as: ordering product, new hire orientation, performance reviews, payroll input, scheduling and weekly or monthly sales reporting.
2. The Hourly Manager may assist the salaried management in the hiring practices of team members, (i.e., recruiting, interviewing and hiring or termination practices).
3. The Hourly Manager does not conduct any formal counseling procedures, such as documentation, suspension or termination. The Hourly Manager may send an employee home until a salaried manager can conduct formal counseling.
1. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Demonstrated leadership skills
4. Basic math skills
5. Willing to complete all required training (i.e. Burger King training and Serve Safe Essentials)
1. Reports to Restaurant General Manager
2. May be supervised by Assistant Manager
3. May be coached by District Manager
4. Coordinate shift operations with Team Members
Potential Career Path Next Steps
1. Greater scope and responsibility as a Hourly Manager at a higher volume/traffic restaurant
2. Assistant Manager