Serves as the property Manager on Duty and directs all property operations during the overnight shift. Verifies that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided during the overnight shift. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation. Personally assisting in resolving any issues and completing tasks.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Monitoring Property Operations
• Monitors and verifies compliance with all Guidelines to Operations.
• Verifies supervisors maintain adequate levels of department supplies.
• Verifies all employees are in proper uniform and are properly groomed (grooming standards in employee handbook).
• Verifies employees are working in a safe environment.
• Manages all period-end inventories.
• Directs, monitors, and assists all overnight staff.
• Verifies guest tracking scores and employee opinion survey goals are achieved.
Supporting Profitability and Revenue Goals
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement.
• Assists in the response and resolution of all guest issues received directly from guests or from Guest Relations.
• Assists accounts receivable clerk in all aspects of job and in keeping all invoices due below 60 days.
• Monitors that the supervisor is researching/processing all chargebacks and rebates on a timely basis.
• Administers plans and actions to keep chargebacks and rebates to a minimum.
• Verifies all employees are adhering to proper cash handling procedures and monitors overage/shortages.
• Manages employee hours.
• Works with the leadership team of the property to identify and implement action plans to prevent the reoccurrence of guest issues.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Promotes participation in property safety-related programs.
• Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
• Promotes teamwork and employee morale.
• Verifies all employees are trained on specific aspects of their job and are aware of all resources to assist them in problem solving.
• Keeps employees informed regarding new operational procedures, standards, or programs.
• Verifies all employees have complete knowledge of emergency procedures.
• Verifies constant communication takes place between employees, supervisors and management.
• Provides orientation for new employees and ensuring all information is entered into computer.
• Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
• Encourages employee relations through gifts, parties, outings.
• Creates incentives that will promote better service and profit for the property.
• Assists operations manager in processing employee payroll weekly.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Verifies property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
• Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
|Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott allows guests to travel with confidence by giving them just what they need at an exceptional value. As a member of our team you'll deliver outstanding service so travel is easy, comfortable and productive for our guests. Find Your World™ at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott.|
1,000 - 3,000
$50M - $200M