Business Intelligence Analyst II- Envision Healthcare
This is a Remote position allowing the right candidate the flexibility of working from anywhere!
Envision Healthcare is a leading national medical group focused on delivering high quality care to patients when and where they need it most. More than 30,000 clinicians and clinical support teammates call Envision home. We welcome teammates of every background and work in communities that reflect the racial, ethnic, gender, sexual orientation, and economic diversity of our country.
Through Envision Physician Services and AMSURG, our clinician-led organization is changing the face of healthcare by delivering high-quality care that puts the patient first.
Envision’s core values drive continual advancement and ingenuity across the enterprise:
- Be Curious-embrace learning, seek out diversity of thought, listen openly, ask questions, and ask for feedback
- Instill Trust-have the hard conversation, presume good intent, honor commitments, and do the right thing for patients and each other
- Pursue Extraordinary-challenge the status quo, champion change, innovate and constantly aim higher
- Care Deeply-serve patients, partners, communities, and each other with empathy, compassion, and respect
- Embrace Teamwork-work cross-functionally, break down walls, develop others, be inclusive and unite to improve patient health
- Inspire Joy-seek fulfillment and the joy of medicine, appreciate others, celebrate wins, and promote wellness and belonging
We offer you an outstanding total compensation package, and a variety of health and welfare benefit options to help protect your health and promote your wellbeing. The benefits package includes: medical, dental and vision, life & disability, 401k, HSA, Flexible Spending and an Employee Assistance Program.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a Business Intelligence Analyst II!
The role of Business Intelligence Analyst II is to assess requirements, design, develop, and support enterprise dashboards and reports. This person is responsible for working with the manager responsible for identifying, documenting, and reporting data quality issues as well as working with Information Technology teams or business partners to ultimate resolution. Partners with business unit leaders to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems and achieve desired results. Additional responsibilities include preparing detailed specifications from which reports will be written. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of data analysis and report development activities. Regularly provides guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/developers
- Assist with data integration testing while adhering to pre-established parameters with deep love of working with data sets
- Designs, develops, deploys, and tests Tableau/Microsoft dashboards and reports
- Develops reports and dashboards based on data from highly customized applications and other lines of business applications
- Identify and troubleshoot data integration issues affecting Enterprise Data Warehouse while identifying opportunities for improvements
- Troubleshoot program logic in a well-organized and systematic manner
- Maintain and optimize manual data feeds for reporting consumption
- Aggregate, analyze, and publish performance and financial data as it relates to Revenue Cycle Management, Operations, and overall business needs
- Discusses business requirements with business analysts, end-users, and management, and develops these into technical requirements and system design
- Assists with unit and integration testing of finished products, including creation/modification of test data, to assure conformance with the EDW/BI design and other documentation Verifies the finished dashboards/reports and test results satisfy specifications Implements changes as completed
- Effective information systems security is a team effort involving the participation and support of every Envision employee who deals with information and/or information systems It is the responsibility of every Information Systems employee to: Attend Information Systems security training, when offered Comply with Information Systems security policies, standards and procedures Use all available protections to safeguard computer systems under their charge from unauthorized access Report all suspicious requests, incidents, and situations
- S. Computer Science, IT, Finance, Math or related major from accredited university or college with 3 years hands on experience with designing and implementing BI solutions; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years of design, development and implementation experience on Tableau Reports/Dashboards or SQL Server – TSQL, Stored Procedures, Views
- Microsoft SSRS dashboard/report development experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
- Must possess a strong understanding of Business Intelligence architecture and development skills with Tableau
- Advanced knowledge of using Microsoft Excel for Analysis connecting to Dimensional Data Source
- Hands on experience using PowerBI, PowerPivot,Power Query,Tableau, Cognos Analytics, or other data visualization tools
- Experience working with large data set is required
- Working experience with all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Familiar with Agile SDLC methodology including Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
- Systems thinking approach with general understanding of ETL and data fluency
- Proven knowledge and judgement about data points and transformations can provide insight to questions
- Proficiency in business analytics, with demonstrated ability to draw conclusions from the data and “put brains to the numbers”
- Strong ability to understand and analyze user requirements as they relate to organizational goals and objectives
- Knowledge of database software
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously in a high production environment
- Experience working both independently and in a, team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience using VisiQuate is a plus
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Healthcare uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.