Are you seeking a Mechanical Engineer position with strong static equipment and/or rotating equipment knowledge? Eichleay has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer with oil & gas, power, mining, or heavy industrial experience to join our team. This is a full-time position that can be based in any of our offices (Concord, CA, Westminster, CA, Ferndale, WA, or Billings, MT), or work remotely within the Western United States. If you have a passion for working in a collaborative multi-discipline environment and supporting various projects across a multitude of industries this may be an excellent fit for you.
Move Forward with Eichleay
As the Mechanical Engineer on our team, you will have an opportunity to be involved in the life-cycle of projects involving mechanical equipment. You will have proficiency in fixed equipment and/or rotating equipment with a good understanding of process piping. You must be able to perform design calculations, generate mechanical data sheets and requisition packages, review and evaluate vendor bids, and review vendor documentation to ensure the design meets all applicable codes and Client/Eichleay standards. Your success will require effective communication and coordination between all disciplines, the Project Manager, the Client, and Vendors.
- Be safety-minded in design as well as personal actions. When required participate in the onsite safety program including completing job safety/hazard assessments and safety observations.
- Perform independently on a project or lead a small team of mechanical engineers by tracking/delegating work scope, checking deliverables, preparing change notices, and providing cost & schedule updates to Project Controls, Project Managers, and the Client.
- Prepare mechanical equipment descriptions, perform equipment sizing and prepare equipment data sheets.
- Prepare mechanical equipment technical specifications and equipment RFQs to request equipment pricing to support project work. Perform technical analysis of bids and reviews and approve vendor documentation, incorporating client comments and multidiscipline comments along the way.
- Prepare equipment layouts for mechanical equipment (i.e. compressors, pumps, separators, filters, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, storage tanks, etc.).
- Preparation of design and rerate calculations for various mechanical equipment.
- Assure all mechanical engineering designs meet applicable codes and standards including company standards, API (such as API 510, 610, 682, 650, and 660), ASME Codes as well as other industry and client standards used in static and rotating equipment mechanical design and development.
- Utilize ASME BPVC Section VIII to apply code to various project situations, new purchases, and rerate modifications.
- Communicate with Client Reliability Engineers to trouble-shoot existing systems in the field, determine modifications to existing systems to change performance, and review project scopes.
- Coordinate with clients, vendors, and subcontractors as required including answering RFI’s
- Contribute to the development of project cost estimates via material take offs and equipment pricing.
- Communicate and interface openly and frequently with Project Managers, discipline engineers and designers, and Client team members.
- Participate in project reviews and client discussions to ensure client satisfaction.
- Coordinate engineering activities with Procurement Lead assuring communication, and review vendor documents for approval prior to final sign off and procurement of mechanical equipment.
- Promote value engineering and technical review through periodic reviews of Mechanical project scope, piping designs, pipe stress analysis, process deliverables, structural designs, and Company standards.
- Maintain strict compliance and technical support with Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes and procedures as well as EH&S.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 3 years of oil & gas or heavy industrial experience.
- Proficient computer skills within Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic skills in AutoCAD and other engineering software applications
- Experience performing fixed and rotating equipment sizing and preparing equipment data sheets and specifications.
- Experience selecting fixed and rotating equipment (i.e. fin fans, compressors, pumps, pressure vessels, boilers, furnaces, storage tanks, and heat exchangers).
- Attention to detail, team building, collaboration, communication, and problem solving.
- Knowledge of piping systems, corrosion mechanisms, bolting and flange design.
- Knowledge of ASME B31.1/B31.3, ASME BPVC, and API Industry Standards.
- Ability to be badged for process safety management governed facilities, which require in depth drug screening.
- PE or able to obtain a PE in the state of California, Washington, or Montana.
- Proficient in pipe stress analysis utilizing CAESAR II and NozzlePRO.
- Ability to perform pressure vessel calculations to ASME BPVC Section VIII
- Ability to perform pressure vessel rerates
- Familiarity with COMPRESS for ASME Code pressure vessel design.
- Field experience as a Mechanical Engineer on an industrial site.
- Experience as a discipline lead or other leadership roles.
All opportunities with Eichleay will require authorization to work in the US without the need for sponsorship. Positions will require in-person interactions and may require working onsite in an office or field environment. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or weekly testing may be required based on position or assignment. Ability to be badged for process safety management governed facilities, which require in depth drug screening applies to all positions.
For over 140 years, Eichleay companies have developed a wide range of project delivery expertise. This legacy continues today with Eichleay, Inc. which specializes in the design and construction of industrial process, manufacturing, life science, and high technology facilities.
Join a dynamic organization with insight fueled by experience, solutions powered by practicality, relationships built by listening and trust earned through results.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.