Daikin Comfort Technologies Distribution, Inc. is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Branch Manager position located at our West Allis, WI branch to generate top line revenue growth through sale of our products and offerings. This position manages the branch’s operations and staff with accountability for sales, customer service, profitability, productivity and growth of market share through utilization of effective sales techniques. Communicates and enforces store goals and policies and ensures compliance with security, sales, safety and record-keeping practices. Maintains accurate records of purchases, sales, and requisitions and reviews store reports to identify areas of waste. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position by visiting our website http://careers.daikincomfort.com/ and submitting your resume.
Why work with us?
> Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
> Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
> Growth Opportunities - there are immense opportunities to grow your career
> You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.
May include, in addition to:
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the branch including staffing and ensure successful and timely completion of assigned duties of all personnel. Review and approve hours worked and PTO using Kronos. Conduct periodic audits to ensure work is compliant with the established protocols and processes and objectives - meeting customer and branch expectations.
- Maintain sales – review/edit, credits, negative inventory, damage inventory and cash reconciliations. Communicate regularly with branch customer base to establish and maintain strong relationships. Enter all sales calls in CRM.
- Responsible for building and maintaining morale in the branch by demonstrating leadership qualities and setting an example for staff, promoting teamwork both within the branch, local team and within the region. Provide knowledge and skill development opportunities for employees with proper training and guidance for them to reach their full potential and have growth opportunities. Ensure employees complete all assigned training in a timely manner.
- Effectively coach, counsel, and hold employees accountable. Collaborate with Human Resources regarding disciplinary actions.
- Develop plans for increased branch profitability/productivity and drive continuous improvement processes.
- Process purchase orders, research low stock and receivables and process branch payables, audit cash drawers and truck metrics. Remain current with warranty processing, and follow up quickly on rejections.
- Oversee all aspects of profit center (operations, sales, admin, etc.) working closely with Credit Department at Corporate to determine appropriate credit level and resolve any credit issues.
- Stay current with cycle counts and keep dead stock at a minimum.
- Maintain ample levels of inventory to meet delivery and service expectations of all branch customers.
- Review P&L; hold safety meetings, security reports and maintain facility.
- Complete all tasks on the Branch Manager's monthly/daily checklist and act as a safety leader. Conduct weekly safety committee meetings. Complete any Flash reports within the required time-line and communicate issues/injuries immediately.
- Oversee branch and warehouse appearance, housekeeping, maintenance, and repair.
- Provide Regional Operations Manager (ROM) any requested branch specific information /reports and provide vital information in a timely manner.
- Maintain a 93%, or higher, audit score.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are communicated, followed and maintain a working knowledge of company’s benefits and employee handbook policies. Ensure employees are following safety protocols including maintaining an organized and clean work environment,
- Conduct mid-year and annual performance appraisals for all direct reports through the on-line Performance Engagement platform.
- Be available outside regular working hours in case of emergencies within the branch as required.
- Participate in additional activities as requested.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of warehouse/inventory management
- P&L (Profit and Loss) understanding
- HVAC knowledge strongly preferred; or ability to quickly learn HVAC products/parts
- Proven customer service experience with high level of customer satisfaction
- Proven leadership, coaching / mentoring and team-oriented mindset along with effective delegation of duties
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High level of attention to detail and compliance and results oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with ability to apply sound judgment
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with customers, vendors, and employees
- Experience leading a team of employees toward a common goal
- Ability to apply good judgement, decision-making skills, strong work ethics and integrity on the job
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word and Power-Point)
- Working knowledge of CRM and Mincron preferred
- 3 plus years in a leadership/supervisory role
- 3 – 5 years of store / branch management experience
- Experience in HVAC wholesale industry strongly preferred
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- College degree is strongly preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations
- Travel may be required to visit customer locations or participate in Company meetings/events - approximately 25%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person’s race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities