CCI Health Services is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life.
POSITION SUMMARY: DIRECTOR of NURSING
- NP Preferred with 2 Days Clinical
- Experience with Multi-Center / Multi-Disciplinary Staff
- JCAHO Certified Centers - Infection Control Compliance across all Centers
- Supports PCMH Initiatives related to Nursing
- Collaborate with HR on Recruitment/Retention of Nursing and Support Personnel
The Director of Nursing is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining the nursing program to assure utilization of nursing staff to best meet the needs of the patients at CCI in an effective and efficient manner. Duties include but are not limited to developing long term plans for nursing needs and utilization; developing and implementing nursing policies and procedures; hiring, training, and evaluating nursing staff competency; and assisting with the implementation of the patient centered medical home infrastructure. In collaboration with the Chief Operating Officer and Executive/Senior Management, the Director of Nursing develops and ensures adherence of nursing staff to best practices in the provision of patient-focused services designed to achieve exemplary patient outcomes.
KEY FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains clinical licensure and meets regulatory standards for a FQHC program.
- Develops, implements, and monitors ambulatory care nursing practice in accordance with regulation and delineated scope of practice.
- Develops, implements, and maintains clinic-specific nursing policies & procedures.
- Ensures competency of clinical staff through education, training, and regular evaluation.
- Manages clinic-specific, quality improvement programs utilizing tools and methods in place at CCI
- Coordinates clinical services, including scheduling of staff and delegation of assignments, to assure high quality patient care is provided in an efficient manner.
- Ensures compliance in all areas of Infection Control practices and all organizational policies and procedures.
- Oversees the coordination and follow up of clinical referrals between CCI and community providers.
- Ensures that all documentation, including the EMR, surveillance logs, and written procedures, are complete, maintained accurately and compliance with such entities as Joint Commission, Human Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene regulations, licensing, and accreditation mandates.
- Assists in the development, planning and training of staff in health-related initiatives to enhance patient services.
- Oversees nursing care management.
- Supports all PCMH initiatives related to nursing.
- Works collaboratively with the Chief Operating Officer in implementing and overseeing a Quality Assurance/ Audit program.
- Works with HR on recruitment and retention of nursing and support personnel.
- Serves as a liaison between the medical department and community-based groups to promote outreach for organization.
- Participates with Executive Management to promote provision of high-quality patient care services.
- Coordinates and holds meetings with nurses and support staff on a monthly and as needed basis.
- Plans training and education activities for clinical staff.
- Attends and actively participates on organizational committees, task forces and professional organizations.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Actively participates in organizational goal setting and action planning including, but not limited to, the developmental and personal goals, attendance, and participation at the Leadership Development Institute (LDI), Joint Site Visits, and other trainings as required.
- Maintains appropriate attendance.
MINIMUM SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BSN with Five (5) years’ experience in clinical nursing
- 2-3 years of supervisory or administrative experience
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Computer literacy, experience with electronic health records
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Leadership and oversight for multi-site organizations
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- State of Maryland Registered Nursing License
- CPR (classes are regularly provided at CCI)
- Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification (or receipt within 2 years of hiring)
- Community Health Worker Managers
- Registered Nurse Managers
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Practical Nurses
- Community Health Workers
PRFEFERRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Advanced computer skills
- MSN or MPH; NP, preferred.
- Experience with CCI or FQHC, a plus
- Infection Prevention training and/or experience
- Ambulatory Care Nursing Certification
- Experience in primary care and/or ambulatory care setting.
- Knowledge of health care needs of a diverse population from a variety of social, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations related to nursing programs.
- Knowledge of project management, performance measurements, and strategic planning methods and tools.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision of nursing staff.
CCI Health Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves 60,000 medical patients and Women Infant’s & Children (WIC) participants in Montgomery and Prince George’s Counties. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality, affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life stages. Visit www.cciweb.org for more information.
Specialty Trade in Construction
About Community Clinic
At CCI Health & Wellness Services, work is more than just a job, its a purpose. Every day we strive to create a more equitable health care experience for communities made vulnerable by social, economic, and cultural barriers. We prevent. We make better. We help. We care. We serve because health is everything. Commitment: Empower patients at all stages of life through an unmatched, high quality, affordable health care experience. We help individuals live fuller lives by supporting their health and wellness journey. We do this by providing complete care, encompassing medical, behavioral, and den...tal care as well as specialty programs in HIV/AIDS treatment, prenatal, and refugee health care. To supplement these, we also offer access to WIC, nutrition counseling, and family planning services.