Job Location: Mandeville, LA
The Recertification Specialist is responsible for qualifying new residents for occupancy, requalifying existing residents for continued occupancy, and waiting list duties. This includes, but is not limited to, conducting interviews, processing paperwork, interacting with various vendors and agencies, and assisting with other administrative and leasing tasks.
· Responsible for determining housing assistance eligibility, occupancy standards, income calculations and allowances.
· Responsible for processing all tenant recertification's on time for rent and eligibility for assistance.
· Responsible for recertification notifications to all residents.
· Schedules and conducts annual resident recertification interviews to determine eligibility.
· Performs all verifications of information pertinent to resident re-certifications.
· Ensures proper calculation of income, assets, rent levels, etc.
· Coordinates apartment inspections for recertification.
· Explain documents to tenants including rent determination.
· Prepare leases and required move-in and move-out forms.
· Prepare vacancy claims on every move-in and move-out where unit is eligible for claim.
· Prepare monthly request of repair and replacement requisitions.
· Prepare monthly Section 8 voucher no later than the 25th of each month.
· Maintain accurate and timely statistical records and reports pertaining to HUD, Christopher Homes, Inc., and to the resident or prospect.
· Process report changes in the system, including entering data in the Yardi system to update family, assets, demographics, income and notes.
· Maintain neat and easily accessible files pertaining to prospect applications and resident re-certifications in accordance with HUD regulations.
· Maintains waiting list for prospects interested in housing.
· Notifies prospects of scheduled appointments by mail and/or phone call and implements the processing of resident applications.
· Interviews all prospects by gathering all required information to complete the application process.
· Performs all verification of information pertinent to prospects qualifying for housing.
· Responsible for creating PO's (purchase orders) and processing payables.
· Must utilize EIV (Enterprise Income Verification) for income calculations.
· Must be able to identify and address income discrepancies.
· Assist office staff on other tasks, including collection and posting of rents, social activities, and
answering the phones.
· Must be able to deal with confused, aggressive and upset residents on a daily basis.
· Performs duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced & ministry oriented environment.
· Works as part of a team, as well as complete assignments independently.
· Maintains a professional, compassionate and welcoming attitude toward managers, co-workers, residents, and visitors.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to lift, carry, pull or push 10 pounds.
· Position requires at least one (2) years experience in leasing and occupancy functions, property management duties and/or loan processing with HUD program guidelines.
· Prior recertification experience preferred.
· Knowledge of HUD housing and rules, a plus.
· Experience working with the elderly is desirable.
· Works well and effectively with or without direct supervision.
· Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
· Must be proficient MS Work, MS Excel, MS Outlook, TRACS, Yardi, Adobe
· Ability to be flexible to changing work plans.
· High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Bachelor Degree in Business Administration preferred.