Central Garden and Pet is hiring for a Night Shift Warehouse Supervisor for our Hamilton, NJ facility. The Night Shift Warehouse Supervisor will work with and serve as a backup to the 2nd Shift Warehouse Manager on all phases of the operation. The Night Shift Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for nightly activities of the distribution center, including shipping, replenishment, inventory and employee management. The Night Shift Warehouse Supervisor will ensure data is analyzed from all aspects, to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses within the processes of the operation and work with involved employees, departments to determine best practices, implement and train on correct processes.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Work with Shift Manager to maintain the appropriate amount of staffing to accomplish the required production goals for warehouse activities.
- Ensure all employees have been trained in each function they perform.
- Works with Temp Agency to manage staffing needs, temp staff performance and attendance.
- Ensure Distribution Center employees are following work instructions and all orders, picked inventory and shipments are handled correctly.
- Develop expertise in all facility systems and tools (ERP, RF Equipment, VoCollect – Voice Pick).
- Implement and train staff on updates, functions and additions to the suite of systems and tools.
- Evaluate employee engagement, setting utilization goals and benchmarks of performance standards.
- Maintain an inventory log of all VoCollect equipment within the facility. Process damages back through returns channel.
- Power equipment certifications.
- Daily review, coordination and inspection of loading and shipping activities.
- Prepare and monitor KPI reports, tracking LPH, fill rate and error reports addressing quality control.
- Accurate documentation and timely submissions of production data.
- Ensure that all production and safety procedures are being followed.
- Maintain a clean work environment and ensure that all employees keep excellent housekeeping practices in all operational areas.
- Ensure all employees operate in compliance OSHA regulations and company safety policies. Partner with onsite Human Resources representative with following action items: Training, employee development and discipline for any violations of company policies or law.
- Maintain equipment logs in compliance with OSHA standards.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- High School diplomas and/or GED.
- English and Spanish speaking preferred.
- At least three (3) years of management experience in high-volume warehousing and/or distribution operation.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment and in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Must have a dependable and consistent work ethic.
- Able to withstand intermittent periods of continuous physical exertion, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy (up to 50 lbs.) or awkward.
- Voice pick systems experience required with exposure to automated warehouse solutions a plus
- Ability to lead teams through complex initiatives to completion with track record of delivering results
- Proven ERP proficiency and integrated tools
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a group/team and function efficiently.
- Ability to work Overtime as needed.
- Equipment certifications a plus
- Computer experience required; Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Work is conducted in company provided trucks and trailers, warehouse facilities and at the customer’s locations.
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on Pet supplies, cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance
- Referral Program with cash bonus
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.