JOB TITLE: Special Education Teacher
AIM, Assessment Intervention Management
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Experience: Experience in a Special Education classroom setting
- Licenses or Certifications: valid state certification in Special Education and content is required
AIM is an award-winning company that has won Best Place to Work, Top Workplaces, Best Workplaces in Texas, Top Company Cultures, and is a certified Great Place to Work!
Please visit our website at aimeducate.com to learn more about what we do, read testimonials from clients and other AIMers, as well as view a video we did with the TEA.
AIM has an opening for a special education teacher to work with students who have an IEP in a public-school setting.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of core academic subjects assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Adapt lessons to meet the needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for a caseload
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
- Assess student's skills to determine their needs and to develop teaching plans
- Teach small groups consisting of students that are academically at-risk in reading and/or math to include students in general education, 504, response-to-intervention, Special Education, and English Language Learners.
- Collect and analyze student data in order to make effective decisions to maximize achievement
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Implement state learning standards and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Submit weekly lesson plans
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update grade book weekly
- Communicate students’ progress with students and family on a weekly basis
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work-related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus-wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school-wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding, and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Daily attendance and punctuality at work are essential functions of the job.
- Regular District-wide travel to multiple work locations as assigned; frequent standing, stooping, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, and moderate carrying.
- May be required to lift and transfer students to and from wheelchairs or assist with positioning students with physical disabilities.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Ability to facilitate Admission, Review, and Dismissal meetings
- Strong family engagement and communication
- Record of results for students who are academically at risk
- Competitive regional market salary for educators
- Health benefits package available
The job skills required for Special Education Teacher include Special Education, Facilitation, Tutoring, Initiative, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Special Education Teacher.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Special Education Teacher.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.