ARK Solutions is Hiring a Product Specialist 4/UI Designer- Remote Role Near Dover, DE
Title: Product Specialist 4
Travel Comment: Occasional in-person team meetings
UI Designer - REMOTE
The client is seeking a UI Designer who will work on innovative projects promoting state and local government programs, services, initiatives, and information.
This UI designer will work across state government to conduct user research and translate the results into high-quality UI designs through wireframes, site maps, graphic designs and prototypes. This designer will need to be able to identify project goals, understand user behavior and design with a user first mentality.
The UI designer will work within the Creative Team and will have a strong collaboration with the Web Team. This position reports to the client Creative Director.
A Bachelor's Degree and 2 to 5 years of experience is desired.
Successful candidate will be able to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Meet with clients to determine the scope of a project.
• Expert in high fidelity prototypes, graphics and layouts.
• Design and test UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes and more for our digital assets.
• Branding, typography and color theory solutions that adhere to style and accessibility standards.
• Present prototypes to clients.
• Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final prototype.
• Collaborate with Web Team on implementation of prototype deliverable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
• Proven graphic design experience.
• Highly proficient in all design aspects.
• Proficiency in analyzing data to promote a data driven UI experience.
• User research is a plus.
• Expertise in developing on brand, high quality, accessible UI design solutions driven by research and data.
• Ability to empathize with the end-user.
• Make strategic design decisions with persona's in mind.
• Communication and collaboration skills.
• Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas clearly and effectively.
• Engage with clients to determine their requirements and timelines.
• Educate clients on all aspect of the design process as it pertains to their project and needs.
Technology & Platform Skills
• Working knowledge of the following technologies:
• Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to XD, Illustrator, Photoshop.)
• Accessibility Tools (such as WAVE, ANDI) to ensure all creative pieces are WCAG 2.1 compliant
• Google Analytics
• WordPress (including block patterns)
• Bootstrap 4 & 5
• Collaboration tools such as Slack and Wrike
• Thinking creatively and developing new design concepts, graphics and layouts
• Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
• Scheduling project implementation and defining timeline constraints
• Multi-tasking and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
• Must be able to turn projects around in a quick and fast paced environment
• A team player but can work independently
• Can align with team values and working practices
• Able to provide helpful feedback to team members
• Team spirit and willingness to help team member troubleshoot an issue or meet a deadline.
Please include link to digital portfolio of professional UI/UX design work along with application.