Responsible for overseeing the administration and development of branch offices. Implements appropriate policies, procedures, and training to ensure efficient and effective branch operations. Ensures that established goals are met.
Supervises branch budgets and business performance and promotes optimal and cost-effective operations. Directs and appraises branch staff. Is accountable for branch performance. Holds direct reports accountable for their performance. Implements and influences strategies for a strong sales and service culture.
Creates and influences business development. Directs and administers the operations of assigned branch. Ensures that policies and procedures are followed. Maintains communication with Market Manager and Division V.P. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Trains, directs, and supervises branch staff.
1. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effect, professional business relations with members.
a. Ensures credit union service standard baselines and expectations are met.
b. Ensures that members’ requests and questions are promptly resolved. Professionally handles member complaints.
c. Ensures that members are informed of credit union services and policies. Counsels members regarding their financial needs.
d. Ensures that the Credit Union’s quality reputation is maintained and protected.
e. Conducts regular service training to ensure staff provides the highest degree of excellence in every contact.
2. Effectively supervises Branch staff, ensuring optimal performance.
a. Reinforces organizational leadership trainings and implements personalized leadership trainings through effective objective goal setting and communication. Follows up with accountability.
b. Ensures branch personnel are supervised and trained. Ensures that high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
c. Conducts regular meetings and trainings with branch employees. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure. Ensures that staff members are well informed of new products, services, rates, and policies. Answers staff questions and assists in problem solving.
d. Conducts regular leadership meetings and trainings with branch leadership to coordinate branch goals and activities.
e. Ensures direct reports are scheduled and prepared for career path trainings and tests.
f. Ensures the completion of orientation and onboarding of new employees.
g. Ensures direct reports track individual progress and conducts performance appraisals on each employee at least bi-annually. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends promotions for employees as appropriate.
h. Provides one on one leadership training to employees seeking management opportunities.
i. Ensures effective one-on-ones are conducted monthly with each employee.
j. Effectively communicates and implements policy and procedure changes.
k. Provides additional training when errors occur and ensures errors are corrected in a timely manner.
l. Ensures compliance with all HR related policies, practices, and procedures including drug policy enforcement, time card usage, corrective actions, and terminations.
m. Provides internal recognition programs to encourage and reward team members for efforts and results.
n. Ensures sales meetings/huddles are conducted regularly.
3. Assumes responsibility for maintaining safety and soundness.
a. Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established credit union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
b. Ensures branch security, including opening and closing procedures are followed by all employees.
c. Ensures that branch auditing procedures are effectively conducted and that deficiencies are corrected.
d. Ensures required testing of security equipment and required security training is conducted according to established credit union policies.
e. Ensures proper risk assessment is completed for all loan and teller transactions.
f. Evaluates override and waiver authority within approved limits for all necessary loan and teller transactions for appropriate risk tolerance.
g. Assumes responsibility for maintaining proper cash controls. Ensures that all branch transactions are balanced at the close of each day and that daily deposits are made in accordance with established policies and procedures.
h. Ensures that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out.
i. Institutes prudent safety measures
j. Oversees individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists tellers in resolving balancing problems
k. Keeps management informed of branch activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems.
l. Periodically verifies and audits cash in possession of tellers and cash on the premises.
m. Ensures proper communication with outside vendors to repair or maintain the building upon arrival.
4. Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of effective and efficient branch operations.
a. Monitors branch and budgets and business performance. Manages and oversees branch expenses. Pursues cost-saving measures.
b. Ensures that products and services are sold and delivered in accordance with established standards and procedures and the integrity and quality of all credit union programs are maintained.
c. Ensures the effective scheduling of work flow in daily routine operations
d. Performs duties in branch positions as needed. May act as loan officer and teller.
e. Ensures that staffing levels are appropriate.
f. Supervises and assists with member service functions.
g. Directly supervises all branch personnel. Ensures that high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
h. Ensures all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time cards for each branch employee are approved and accurately recorded for payroll purposes.
i. Ensures all staff takes required one week off per the Code of Conduct.
j. Recommends merit raises and level increases for employees as appropriate.
k. Provides organization standard semi annual appraisals for branch personnel.
l. Ensures that branch operations are well coordinated with appropriate operation documents.
m. Monitors branch metrics and reports to management when needed.
n. Ensures that adequate supplies, forms and equipment are available for personnel.
o. Ensures performance and profitability expectations are met.
p. Performs notary services when needed and in accordance to state law.
q. Performs Medallion Signature Guarantee Services when needed and in accordance to regulations and laws.
r. Assumes responsibility for business development. Promotes AFCU in the community. Attends business events.
5. Assumes responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations are established and maintained with members, the community, and professional contacts.
a. Ensures that the credit union’s quality reputation is maintained and projected.
b. Ensures that requests and questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
c. Ensures that members are informed of credit union services and policies.
d. Networks within the community to find, attract, and maintain relationships with current and potential businesses.
6. Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned.
a. Stays informed of developments and trends in credit union policies and related laws and regulationsb. Must have the ability and means to travel locally and intrastate on a flexible schedule as needed.
c. Other duties as assigned by Market Manager and/or Sr. Management.
• Understanding of Credit Union's field of membership.• Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products.• Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements.• Ability to complete teller functions, new accounts, and loan processing.• Understanding of statements and posted entries.• Experience in leading and managing in diverse and complex environments.• Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and / or in a team environment to achieve goals.• Experience in training and developing staff.• Skilled in developing and maintaining community and business relationships.• Skilled in responding to requests regarding complex financial information / data.• Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.• Skilled in exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisions.• Skilled with interacting with staff, management, vendors, and members diplomatically and tactfully.• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• At least 3 to 4 years of related experience in a financial institution, with a minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
Certificates, Registrations, Trainings, Licenses
• Meet Branch Progression training expectations of all positions supervised. To include trainings such as New Manager Training and Preferred way of Selling, but not limited to.• Notary Public (where required and if eligible by current state law)• Medallion Certification, where required• Qualify annually under the S.A.F.E Act (NMLS)
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and supervisory skills.• Well organized.• Attention to detail.• Ability to maintain an effective and efficient work flow.• Professional appearance and work ethic.• Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment.
The job skills required for Branch Manager include Leadership, Responsibility, Products and Services, Branch Operations, Initiative,and Scheduling etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Branch Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Branch Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.