Please Apply at: https://acrt.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ACRT_Careers/job/Contract-Specialist---Warren--OH_R4564/apply?source=BetterTeam
ACRT is currently seeking energetic experienced professionals who enjoy working outdoors. Our Contract Specialist position is ideal for seasoned professionals with an educational background in forestry, horticulture, arboriculture, environmental studies, conservation or related disciplines and with experience in these fields and line of work.
This position would require a significant amount of customer interaction, educating and working with utility consumers, working with line clearance contractors and utility personnel. Our perform identification, inspection, and evaluation of trees and brush along utility lines; Submit inspection results to clients with recommendations; Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of assigned tree clearance crews; Discuss and negotiate line-clearance crew access issues; Serve as a liaison between clients, tree crews, and client customers.
- 4 year degree in forestry, horticulture, environmental science or closely related field OR in lieu of a degree, 5 years of experience in Utility Vegetation Management or other related field (Ex. general Right-of-Way management, Integrated Vegetation Management, nursery work or timber cutting, etc.)
- Vegetation management experience preferred
- Competent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with GIS integrated data collection software/hardware preferred but not required
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, production oriented
- Candidate must be comfortable working in an independent environment and managing a geographical area for all vegetation related activities
- Candidate must be able to work with stakeholders, utility customers and line clearance vendors and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking and strong time management skills required
- Ability to work in varied terrain and inclement weather with flexible schedules (available nights and weekends as needed)
- Valid driver's license required
- Employees become owners and receive company stock after a waiting period
- Pre-employment drug screening and background check required
- Group life insurance
- Optional life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company vehicle/fuel card for work-related and commuting purposes
- Boot allowance program
- ACRT is 100% employee-owned ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) with a great vesting schedule
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
If you are interested in becoming a Contract Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Contract Specialist for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Contract Specialist job description and responsibilities
A contract specialist performs various administrative duties that are essential to the successful management and execution of contracts on behalf of organizations.
12/17/2021: Moline, IL
They evaluates, negotiates, and prepares contracts for projects, services, or goods.
02/11/2022: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Contract specialist reviews the terms and conditions for a contract and ensures that all parties comply with the guidelines and legal regulations.
02/16/2022: Alamogordo, NM
They negotiate terms, evaluate bids, and prepare contracts.
03/12/2022: San Jose, CA
Evaluate or monitors contract performance to define necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
03/13/2022: Galveston, TX
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Contract Specialist jobs
The most successful contract specialists have a strong knowledge of business financial best practices, an understanding of contract law, and possess a strong attention to detail.
01/22/2022: Champaign, IL
Excellent analytical skills are crucial to the effectiveness of contract specialists.
01/18/2022: Kansas City, KS
Be familiar with contract review, drafting and negotiation skills.
12/23/2021: Cincinnati, OH
Develop communications that can break through.
12/30/2021: Elkhart, IN
Negotiate with suppliers to draw up procurement contracts.
02/28/2022: Jamestown, NY
View the best colleges and universities for Contract Specialist.