We Are Hiring:
- Department: Office Operations
- Schedule: Monday - Friday / Day Shift
- Location: Remote: This person will be required to travel to site locations (50-80%).
What You Will Do:
The Resource Group, a subsidiary of Ascension, is a business transformation services organization that specializes in resource and supply chain management.
Through implementation of its User-Directed Integrated Solutions, The Resource Group transforms the resource and supply function by delivering value through Operations and Logistics Optimization, Strategic Sourcing, and Change Management. Although it specializes in these areas, as its core, The Resource Group is rooted in the ideals of hospitality and believes that success is measured by the satisfaction of the customer. The Resource Group’s success has allowed it to expand and serve various healthcare systems looking to decrease non-payroll expenses and increase operational efficiencies. Today, The Resource Group serves over 2,700 locations including over 155 acute care hospitals across 22 states and Washington D.C.
This success and value are delivered by The Resource Group’s people, and it is the people and culture that enables The Resource Group to achieve success while working toward the common goal of lowering the cost of healthcare.
As such, The Resource Group believes in:
1) Hiring talent from all industries and demographics to foster innovation and diversity of thought and experience
2) Investing in the people who deliver long-term success to our Participants
3) Transforming the way our associates develop so they can help transform the organizations we serve
4) Creating a culture of continuous learning to prosper in an ever-changing business environment
The Resource Group offers exciting opportunities for all levels of professionals and views resource and supply management as a dynamic career with opportunities for growth and advancement within and across disciplines and teams. Positions are available across a number of strategic resource and supply management roles, allowing multiple entry points into The Resource Group. Learn more about our company our culture and our remote work options at TheResourceGroup.com
This role falls within The Resource Group's Operations and Logistics Optimization Solution. Operations and Logistics Optimization comprises six communities working together to align inventory and data management, operational procedures, and key performance indicators, and to deliver a cost-effective, highly-efficient managed distributor model. By combining a culture of hospitality with leading operations and logistics processes and controls, these communities of skilled associates ensure resource and supply management runs silently in the background and operates in service of physicians, clinicians, leadership, and associates.
Sustained Change Management and the subsequent realization of long-term value relies on actively putting in place measures to ensure the organization is following the policies and procedures which have proven to drive performance results and provide an improved experience for our clinicians and patients. Through the Operations Introspection program, The Resource Group accomplishes this via a model that doesn’t require assistance through a third-party, which significantly reduces cost. In addition to ensuring performance and an improved experience, this program provides a venue to strengthen relationships, share best practices and develop internal field leaders.
As a Consultant of Introspection, you will validate compliance to regulatory requirements, standard operating procedures, training standards, and provide assessments of performance opportunities related to both the Sterile Processing Departments (SPDs) and Receiving and Distribution functions across Ascension. Any non-compliance findings will be documented and tracked to completion. Additionally, the national introspection team will aid in developing and implementing national standardization opportunities.
This role will have cross functional responsibilities to the overall supply chain and Sterile Processing departments. Additionally, you will also be a part of ongoing performance management across 90 SPDs nationally, as well as optimizing service of our Sterile Processing Departments and Receiving and Distribution Departments. Your goal will be to provide the highest levels of service and hospitality, reducing disruptions found in typical supply chains and Sterile Processing Departments, so caregivers can focus on providing care to patients rather than the supplies and instruments needed to do so.
- Develop relationships with subject matter experts in Sterile Processing and Supply Chain functions at various sites to establish credibility, lead change, and influence performance expectations
- Maintain familiarity with JCAHO requirements and understand best practices in these areas
- Facilitate the distribution and understanding of best practices resulting from JCAHO Audits to other locations throughout Ascension through development and standardization of SOPs.
- Develop processes relating to an operational assessment program specific to Sterile Processing and Supply Chain operations to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support urgent needs related to the service/operations/function of SPD or logistics and operations as necessary.
- Create deliverables (e.g. presentations, memos and other documents) as requested, and deliver utilizing strong communication and executive presence skills.
- Develop and utilize support tools using advanced Excel, Access, and Tableau for logistical support and tracking operational programs to support achievement of SPD and Receiving and Distribution best practices
- Lead project management and implementation of assigned executive projects for operational improvement opportunities and standardization within Sterile Processing Departments and Receiving and Distributions areas
- Reports to: Introspection Team, Manager
- Collaborates with: on-site sterile processing department and operational teams; The Resource Group Operations Community
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma equivalency with 2 years of cumulative experience OR Associate's degree/Bachelor's degree OR 4 years of applicable cumulative job specific experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree HIGHLY preferred
- 2 years of combined relevant experience (project management, associate management, supply chain operations, and Sterile Processing Department knowledge)
- Willingness and ability to travel 50-80%
- Lean / Six Sigma
- CCSVP Certification required within 12 months of hire
The Resource Group’s value is delivered through its people, and it is our people and culture that enables us to achieve success. We have created an environment where individuals can thrive while working toward the common goal of lowering the cost of healthcare. Passion and hard work are necessary to accomplish this goal, and we are always looking for people who bring a fresh perspective. In addition to the experience listed below, all Resource Group associates embody the following soft skills and attributes: Nice, Bright, High-Energy, Inclusive, Willing to Give Away Power, Inspired by Mission, Invigorated by Change.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension associates are key to our commitment of transforming healthcare and providing care to all, especially those most in need. Join us and help us drive impact through reimagining how we can deliver a people-centered healthcare experience and creating the solutions to do it. Explore career opportunities across our ministry locations and within our corporate headquarters.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Salary Description: Minimum Salary: $65,062.40 per year