The most prestigious lending institutions entrust Zwicker & Associates, P.C. to protect their legal interests throughout the country. Zwicker & Associates P.C. is a national creditors rights law firm headquartered in Massachusetts whose focus on ethics, compliance, and assertive representation of our clients’ interests makes us the industry leader in debt collection. Since our founding in 1991, Zwicker has carefully expanded its operations to include 38 offices and over 900 employees across the country. Zwicker represents original lenders and provides a wide range of services in the areas of bankruptcy, commercial collections, consumer collections, and litigation.
We are currently looking for a Director/AVP to oversee our bankruptcy division.
- Monitor and direct daily workflow of new bankruptcy account placements
- Manage the process to review and respond to demands made by either the debtors or bankruptcy trustee for alleged preference payments
- Manage process to review for posting payments received post-bankruptcy filing
- Respond to inquiries from collection floor as to whether or not a debtor has filed bankruptcy or whether post-discharge a student loan debt can be collected (review for hardship discharge)
- Oversee and manage the defense of active adversary complaints, violations of the automatic stay, and violations of discharge injunction
- Assist in handling cases including making court appearances
- Help manage client and opposing counsel relationships
- Oversee and manage the filing of proofs of claim
- Conduct chapter 13 plan reviews
- Prepare motions for relief from the automatic stay, objections to chapter 13 plans, and various pleadings associated with the representation of creditors in bankruptcy matters
- Research and draft legal briefs and memos addressing complicated legal issues
- Respond to general inquiries concerning bankruptcy in general or as applied to particular circumstances.
- Review and respond to demands relative to preference payments
- Oversee posting payments received post-bankruptcy filing.
- Manage lien releases
- Investigate and report re: bankruptcy issues affecting firm and its clients
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Admission to practice law in the state of MA; multi jurisdiction admission preferred
- 5 years of bankruptcy experience
- Multiple federal court admissions preferred
- Chapters 7, 11, 13 and adversary proceeding experience
- Prior experience in finance transactions is a plus including knowledge of debt purchasing, servicing, trust agreements and securitization
- Strong legal writing and research skills
- Excellent communication abilities
- Ability to manage multiple matters and stay on top of deadlines, strong organizational skills
- Analytical and detail oriented while working at a fast pace
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize large caseload
- Identification and resolution of problems in a timely manner
- Ability to handle escalated and time sensitive matters as needed
- Conscientious with respect to work completion, deadlines, time management, and attendance
- Be able to lift 5 lbs. or greater
- Be able to sit 90% of the work day at times
- Be able to bend at the waist and be mobile when needed
- Be able to read and comprehend position-specific documents and correspondence
- Be able to communicate in a common language with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/ or in writing
- Be able to travel occasionally when needed by the most efficient means of transportation
- Be able to operate a computer, phone and/or equivalent devices
- Be able to complete a minimum of a 40 hour flexible workweek schedule
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zwicker & Associates, P.C. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. If you wish to seek an accommodation regarding the requirements of this position, please inform Human Resources Management.
This is a full time, full benefit position. Benefit package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, long term disability insurance, life insurance, compensated time off, paid holidays and 401K with match.
No Phone Calls, No Agencies, EOE, Drug free workplace.
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice: