Southeastern Grocers is committed to a culture of belonging and fostering an inclusive environment where we celebrate differences. As a great place to work, we empower everyone to be their full, authentic selves. Read our Belonging, Inclusion and Diversity Statement here.
Job Title: Inventory Specialist Location: Retail Grocery Location
The inventory specialist supports the manager with inventory management, in-stock position, merchandising, labor, security, expense control and other operational processes to company standards.
Primary Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Provide continuous attention to customer needs; greet; assist and thank customers in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Ensure daily audits of low and out-of-stock items are scanned into the Location Based Inventory (LBI) system accurately and efficiently.
- Print and work inventory exception reports on ordering days to either update inventory in system or correct a distribution void.
- Research excessive back stock and either determine root cause and correct data.
- Use pick list from system to replenish shelves and displays on the sales floor.
- Perform inventory transfers with inventory management for all store to store and department to department transfers.
- Ensure reclaim is being scanned out daily.
- Ensure fresh department discard transactions are performed daily.
- Partner with store reset team on all cycle and full store resets to ensure shelf capacity and product facings are accurate.
- Review order exceptions and update orders accordingly.
- Conduct date checks to ensure freshness of product in Center Store and Fresh areas in accordance with specialized date checking processes.
- May assist receiving lead during heavy receiving times.
- Ensure backroom is kept orderly, clean and free from safety hazards.
- Operate department equipment and tools such as forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark-downs, property defacement or any action that is illegal and/or against company policy.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Proven experience as an SEG associate in the grocery or fresh areas; or two (2) years proven leadership in the department.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Lives the Values by embracing the essence of the company demonstrating a commitment to the company’s goal and values.
- Unifies and motivates team through praise and recognition of success with immediate feedback to build an environment of trust.
- Business-driven showing passion for the business, delivering results consistently.
- Customer-orientated by passionately demonstrating that the customer comes first… always by putting the customer’s needs above all else.
- People Passion through consistently treating others with respect and dignity.
- Compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Problem solving and basic computer skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- High standard of integrity and reliability.
- Proficient in math.
If you are interested in becoming an Inventory Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Inventory Specialist for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Inventory Specialist job description and responsibilities
Specialists are responsible for establishing and maintaining various documents, reports and following regulation forms.
01/19/2022: Killeen, TX
Some medical and food supplies will be stored at different temperatures or have other specific handling/storing specifications, and the specialist will follow correct procedures to accomplish proper transport and storage.
02/19/2022: New Orleans, LA
Create a regular study space and stay organized.
12/25/2021: Boise, ID
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Inventory Specialist jobs
specialist must maintain an active communication line with staff for a smooth and efficient workflow.
02/07/2022: Kansas City, KS
Use Pivot tables to recognize and make sense of data.
12/13/2021: Modesto, CA
Use formulas for simple calculations.
01/08/2022: Evansville, IN
Use conditional formatting to make cells automatically change color based on data.
02/13/2022: Boca Raton, FL
Learn Advanced Marketing Skills.
01/17/2022: South Bend, IN
View the best colleges and universities for Inventory Specialist.
California State University--Maritime Academy
William Jessup University
United States Merchant Marine Academy