The position is accountable for proactively soliciting and handling sales opportunities. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery. Assists in leading all day-to-day activities related to sales with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives. Achieves personal sales goals.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 3 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Successful Relationships that Generate Sales Opportunities
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event Management.
Managing Sales Activities
• Participates in sales calls with members of sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
Using Knowledge of Market Trends and Target Customer Information to Maximize Revenue
• Identifies new business to achieve personal and location revenue goals.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for the location based on market conditions and location needs.
• Gains understanding of the location’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports the company’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes and supports the company’s customer service standards.
• Provides excellent customer service consistent with the daily service basics of the company.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
50 - 100
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for Mgr-Sales I include Customer Service, Futures, Sales and Marketing, customer relationship, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Mgr-Sales I. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Mgr-Sales I. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Customer ServiceView Jobs
Sales and MarketingView Jobs
customer relationshipView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Mgr-Sales I positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Mgr-Sales I, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Sales Director - Medicare Products that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Mgr-Sales I. You can explore the career advancement for a Mgr-Sales I below and select your interested title to get hiring information.