Salary: $15-$17 / HOURLY
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Matching
- Health Savings Account
- Candidates Must be a Veteran
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college with a degree in Counseling, Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology or other field related to the position is preferred;
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Provide suicide prevention presentation to community organization such as faith-based groups, medical facilities, schools, local civic groups, governmental agencies, non-profit organization, veterans group, media (social media, bill boards, newspaper, radio), law enforcement, EMS, Mental Health Organization, University (GI Bill), apprenticeship programs,
- Provide 988 suicide prevention material or Text TN to 7741741 information at every presentation
- Provide Suicide Risk Screening Form high score would result in Counselor following up the next day
- Provide in education for family members
- Schedule activities for Veterans outside of the facility (such as nature walk, facilitate volunteer activities with local non-profits).
- Screen veterans in the community for appropriateness for the program
- Educates and refers clients to community agencies and businesses that appropriately address their need for food, shelter, clothing, employment, transportation, social service benefits, etc.;
- Provides services that promote recovery and resiliency;
- Assists assigned program participants with establishing or re-establishing support systems within their community;
- Acts as advocate on behalf of assigned program participants to improve access to needed services, information, and/or treatment
The Peer Support Specialist works to provide both individual and group suicide prevention services to Veterans and their families.
What is WestCare?
WestCare, a family of tax-exempt nonprofit organizations, provides a wide spectrum of health and human services in both residential and outpatient environments. Our services include substance abuse and addiction treatment, homeless and runaway shelters, domestic violence treatment and prevention, and mental health programs.
The job skills required for Peer Support Specialist include Mental Health, Social Work, Transportation, Presentation, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Peer Support Specialist.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Peer Support Specialist.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Mental Health
The following is the career advancement route for Peer Support Specialist positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Peer Support Specialist,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Job Developer that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Peer Support Specialist. You can explore the career advancement for a Peer Support Specialist below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
1 Week Ago