Sales and Marketing Specialist
Classification: Salaried / Exempt
Wavefront Software is a provider of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) to a variety of laboratory markets, including Materials Testing, Biotech, Environmental, and Food & Beverage. These laboratories have complex data management needs and business processes. As a result, our LIMS has an extensive feature set and many configuration options, The Sales and Marketing process requires a team with strong analytical capabilities, good problem solving skills. Excellent communications [verbal and written] are also critically important.
Assist with the development and implementation of integrated strategic marketing and sales plans. Provide and coordinate ongoing support assistance for marketing and business development activities. Essential functions include the preparation of quotes, associated marketing materials and supporting documentation. Other functions include CRM and supporting systems data maintenance and management, proofreading, editing, and other related tasks.
- Develop a good understanding of Wavefront LIMS, related products and services, and the target markets they serve.
- Support the Technical Sales Team with preparation and development of Quotes for prospective and existing customers, including customer requirements documentation, marketing materials, and supporting documentation. This includes the coordination of administrative elements, and review of content for overall quality and consistency.
- Manage / Execute recurring customer agreements and maintain renewal records in CRM.
- Track, Deliver, and Manage quotes in CRM, inclusive of follow-ups through the quote lifecycle.
- Execute on-boarding procedures to establish and update records in CRM and supporting software applications for all new customer orders.
- Schedule and approve customer invoices for subsequent processing by accounting.
- Maintain billing plans in CRM respective to approved customer orders.
- Coordinate with accounting for resolution of customer billing and payment issues.
- In CRM, maintain customer master data, and administer quote and email templates.
- Develop digital marketing initiatives to support Sales and Marketing strategies, including but not limited to video, infographics, and brochures.
- Prepare and execute outreach emails to prospective and existing customers.
- Maintain and publish recurring reports for Sales and Marketing metrics and analytics.
- Be an active contributor to the company’s business development and marketing functions.
- Support the company’s goals through collaboration and sharing of ideas.
- Provide software and applications administration for various Technical Sales and Marketing support tools including SharePoint, ShareFile, LinkedIn, MailChimp, DocuSign, Squarespace, and others as required.
The duties and responsibilities defined above are not an all-inclusive list, but a general summary of typical duties. Individuals in this position may be asked to perform a wide range of related tasks, within the scope of their training and background. We work together as a team to ensure that we exceed the customer’s expectations and always provide exceptional service.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or science-related field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in business development, marketing, customer service, or data analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, customer service, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment that requires frequent interactions and multitasking with customers and coworkers
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
- Experience with managing and/or working in CRM, email marketing, and Office 365 platforms/software
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing varying demands, and meeting deadlines
- Motivated, resourceful, inquisitive
This position typically works Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm. It is a salaried position so there is an expectation that more than 40 hours per week may be required at times to meet customer needs. Some flexibility may be required to accommodate communications in other time zones.
This position does allow for work-from-home, with the responsibility for maintaining an appropriate workspace falling on the employee.