Technology Coordinator is responsible for SUPPORTING planning, implementing, coordinating, and managing construction technology activities to ensure operational effectiveness. Both a big picture thinker and a hands-on implementer, the Technology Coordinator engages with Walbridge staff, customers, and other stakeholders to extend responsible and creative use of technology. The Technology Coordinator must be a strategic thinker with strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills, and the enthusiasm and credibility to create and sustain momentum in the appropriate use of technology. Attend events and conferences as Walbridge “Technology Ambassador” and continue to expand the visibility and recognition of personal and Walbridge’s technology leadership.
We want you to join our team.
Through industry-leading innovation our company has forged a legacy of quality and safety since our founding in 1916.
What we offer
- A safe, inclusive environment where employees are valued for their contributions
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to make an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
Planning (SUPPORT ROLE)
- Ensure alignment of technology vision with business strategy.
- Closely watch the external and internal factors that will drive Technology Solutions
- 1 CREATE: Trends and Emerging Technology
- 2 COMPETE: Competitors and Opportunities to Make Money
- 3 CONTROL: Regulations and Standards
- 4 COLLABORATE: Customers and Walbridge – WANTS
- Engage with other Walbridge leaders to Coordinate and integrate their “point of view” on items 1-4 above.
- Tracking new technology developments in areas of interest to the organization to ensure that it maintains a technological edge within the industry.
- SUPPORT technology research and review function.
- SUPPORT - Develop and present business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for Technology initiatives and spending.
Execution (SUPPORT ROLE)
- Drive technology innovation throughout the entire organization.
- OWN and DRIVE the TECHNOLOGY AGENDA
- Analyze, scope, develop plans, and coordinate allocation of IT resources utilizing project management methodologies and frameworks to implement Technology projects and initiatives.
- Plan, deliver and monitor training for new Technology to optimize effectiveness.
- Lead Lunch and Learns at project sites and offices to launch new technology and enhance the use of current technology. Provide guidance on “best use” and “how to use” technology to solve real-world challenges.
- Support sales effort as assigned. Not responsible for direct sales.
- Includes Technology for Self-perform group.
- Develop and Deliver Technology Presentations.
- Organizational leadership on technology issues.
- Analyzing and improving upon technology standards and maintaining organizational awareness of new technologies.
- Measure effectiveness of technology where possible to identify opportunities to improve.
- Coordinate with sales staff to get feedback from customers on technology effectiveness and what is working well and what needs fixing.
- Recommend actions to improve, train, modify, or replace technology.
- 4-year undergraduate degree or equivalent professional experience and training.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience
- Competence in SharePoint, MS Office, MS Project
- Basic use of 3D and BIM software tools
- Passion for technology and technology adoption
- Basic understanding of all wireless communication technology
- Basic understanding of photogrammetry and its application in construction
- Ability to coordinate with Subject Matter Experts to evaluates, test, launch, train, and execute technology initiatives
- Familiarity with collaboration and decision-making tools: A3 Thinking, SCRUM, Choosing by Advantages
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of team members, plus demonstrated ability to manage projects through varied disciplines
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to quickly understand our business, priorities and values and convert that knowledge to action plans geared to meet our goals
- Empathetic inquiry of stakeholder needs
- Communicating Effectively
- Emerging Critical Thinking and Detailed Planning
- Displaying Technical Expertise
- Driving Continuous Improvement
- Supporting Organizational Goals
EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V
Walbridge is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity in the workforce.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, status as an individual with a disability, military, or protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning career development, recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment.