Veterinary (DVM or VMD) Student Extern
Located just a short drive from Frederick, Baltimore, and the Washington, D.C. area, Mount Airy Veterinary Associates is a companion animal clinic focusing on cats, dogs, small animals, and even some exotics. The practice is home to two veterinarians and an amazing support staff of technicians and assistants and is ready to welcome additional outgoing and education-focused professionals to its team.
In addition to general practice services, Mount Airy offers preventive health care, soft tissue surgery services, dental prophylaxis and radiology, microchipping, laser therapy for companion animals, small mammal care, and ultrasound. Across all of these services, the Mount Airy team takes a less-is-more approach to handling and providing care for animals, ensuring that the right services are provided for each need.
Culturally, Mount Airy is the place to be for those looking to learn from others and to provide education and support in turn. The team is inclusive, open-minded, and communicative in all that it does every day. Team members are encouraged to provide feedback good or bad to allow for growth and development. Every idea and opinion matters one way or another at Mount Airy Veterinary Associates.
What makes our team special is our emphasis on communication throughout day-to-day functions. As a team, we understand how important it is to keep talking and stay aligned, so we can provide the best service possible for pets and their owners. We value the feedback of team members in every role and openly invite team members to talk through processes and provide suggestions as frequently as possible.
Mount Airy Veterinary Associates team members are go-getters who are not only well-versed in their duties but are constantly finding ways to improve efficiency. We hire veterinary professionals with a great attitude and willingness to help each other, making Mount Airy Veterinary Associates an exceptional place to work. From students looking for externships and graduates just out of veterinary school to doctors with years of experience, we are welcoming to all and strive to make career transitions as easy as possible. Our team has an outstanding ability to offer help, teach, and learn both from and with each other.
Why consider an externship with Mount Airy Veterinary Associates?
What we offer externs:
- Mentorship from multiple strong veterinarians who are excited to welcome a student
- Team has strong clinical skills in the areas of wellness and dentistry
- Work with exotics
- Gain experience with basic soft tissue and ophthalmic surgeries
- Fully equipped with in-house lab capabilities, digital x-ray, ultrasound and therapeutic laser
- Excellent culture, collaborative environment, and low turnover
- Stipend to offset the cost of housing and travel
- Opportunities to connect with multiple VetEvolve practices
- Hear why our Veterinarians are "Happy Here" on our videos page
- Industry leading Veterinarian and support staff retention rates
- Everything we do is about people, which is why our efforts focus on providing opportunity, stability, and development for our team members.
- From Lose the Stress weekly yoga to our partnerships with Not One More Vet and Headspace, we invest in our team members professional growth and mental wellbeing. Our CEO, Chief People Officer and several additional team members hold Compassion Fatigue Professional certifications.
- We live by our core values: Serve, Evolve, and Trust.
- They allow me the freedom to practice as I see fitWe can make almost all of our main decisions ourselves, at the clinic level. Their up front focus on honesty and improving over time keeps surprising me each time they demonstrate it. Veterinary medicine is not always the prettiest, easiest, happiest, or most satisfying line of work as we all know, but I can't imagine doing it for any other group. VetEvolve has been able to retain a small feel over time, as it grows, which is huge for me. - VetEvolve network DVM. Reach out to us to hear more from our Veterinarians about how we strive to provide team members environments where they feel Happy Here.
- Repeat winner of Virginias Best Places to Work (we are based in Virginia)
- Currently enrolled in an AVMA accredited Veterinary School (VMD or DVM degree path)
Apply via our website or contact Ashley Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.