Validic, Inc. is a digital health and remote care company devoted to our mission of improving the quality of human life by making personal data actionable. We’re seeking a Senior QA Automation Engineer, who will build and run automated tests against the various Company products, including the core data acquisition platform, APIs, and remote patient monitoring tools. The individual in this role tests software and collaborates with product owners and team members on design, planning, coding, testing, and releasing solutions to ensure the timely delivery of data to clients.
What You’ll Do at Validic
- Test services that communicate with third-party APIs obtaining data on behalf of the Company’s clients.
- Perform automated and manual software testing.
- Support automated test efforts, including contributing to the development and maintenance of automated tests and identifying manual tests to include in the automated test suite.
- Document testing results thoroughly and accurately and communicate defects concisely.
- Ensure timely delivery of verified functionality in an agile fashion.
- Collaborate with product owners, user interface designers, and engineers in design sessions ensuring that all solutions and enhancements are aligned to business values and architectural specifications and end-to-end client focused testing can be achieved.
What You'll Bring to Validic
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
- At least eight years of experience testing software with a focus on automated testing
- Experience testing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with test frameworks, such as Cypress or Serenity
- Experience with Cucumber or other BDD tools
- Experience with Kafka or other streaming platforms
- Experience with CI systems, such as Jenkins
- Understanding of container services, such as Docker
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services
- Experience testing mobile applications and libraries, including using a toolkit such as Appium, is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Achievement driven, with a “can-do” attitude
- Ability to be a resource for less-experienced colleagues, including demonstrating proper QA practices
- Solid understanding of RESTful web services and a working knowledge of JSON
- Ability to comfortably assess and use open-source components in application development
- Ability to design system architectures, with a focus on scalability, robustness, and maintainability
- Ability to learn, proactively seek and apply new knowledge and skills to stay ahead of emerging technologies
- Ability to think outside the box, work on complex issues, push personal limits and cohesively learn and share with team members
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects in an agile software development environment
- Conscientious with a strong sense of duty and responsibility
- Ability to embrace feedback and be accountable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Why You’ll Love Validic
- Our team is great. We’re talented and passionate folks devoted to our mission and our people.
- Our work is important. We build technology that makes healthcare easier to help people live their best lives.
- Together, we’re solving healthcare’s toughest challenges by enabling personal health data to transform how we diagnose and treat disease, care for people in any setting, and provide personalized care.
What Validic Values
- Authenticity - Set aside egos and bring your own flavor
- Freedom - Lead with trust and get Super Healthy Information Technology done
- Empathy - Challenge directly and care personally
- Purpose - Innovate passionately and make an impact
The Fine Print
Location: Remote U.S. Based - Our core hours are 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. Eastern Time.
Reports to: Manager, Software Engineering
Status: Full-Time/Exempt - No contract or contract to hire requests are being considered.
Physical Requirements: Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer in a variety of environments with multiple distractions. Must be able to travel up to 10%.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. - Please note visa sponsorship is not available.
No recruiters, please.
Validic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, genetic information, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability status, military status, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.