1. Know, understand, incorporate, and demonstrate the Mission, Vision, Values and Guiding Behaviors of Trinity Health and LIFE at St. Joseph of the Pines in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
2. Consistently demonstrate (leads by example) LIFE at St. Joseph of the Pines Values to all internal and external customers (participants, visitors, volunteers, and colleagues.) Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, propagating a calm environment throughout the office.
3. Execute assignments in a culture that is shared and collaborative across all divisions within LIFE at St. Joseph of the Pines.
4. Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with our established policies and procedures, and as instructed by your supervisors. Follow work assignments, and/or work schedules in completing and performing your assigned tasks.
5. Promote and maintain collaborative relationships with managers, peers, and customers by effectively fostering a team environment, building consensus and resolving conflicts.
6. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and local laws and regulations, LIFE at St. Joseph of the Pines' Corporate Integrity Program, Code of Ethics, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behavior.
7. In light of a disaster will know your disaster recovery, crisis management and business continuity plans and act within your role that is developed within the business continuity plan. Which may include working at another location, remotely from home, and maintaining constant contact with key personnel.
8. Attend and participate in scheduled training, in-service training, mandatory annual in-service training and educational classes as required/needed.
9. Provide skilled nursing care and prescribed treatments to participants according to professional nursing standards and primary care orders. Demonstrates nursing care to and instructs participants and families in treatments and other self-care interventions.
10. Participate in daily program activities and provides comprehensive plan of care to meet participant needs and promote optimum health, independence and self-care.
11. Communicate, counsels and guides participants and families regarding service needs and concerns; makes referrals as appropriate.
12. Maintain current written/electronic records and documents related to participant care.
13. Actively serves on the Quality Assessment and Process Improvement (QAPI) Committee. Involved in the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) development and implementation of QAPI activities.
14. Manage and facilitate coordination and collaboration of participant care with all clinicians and caregivers. Responsible for identification of need and utilization of clinical services.
15. Facilitate integration of new participants into the PACE program health care delivery system, including medication, immunizations, routine monitoring of chronic problems, and nursing care plan development.
16. Assist participant/caregiver with filling of medication sets, administering medications sent by pharmacy and accurately completing documentation process. Instructs participants and families in medication use, side effects and other medication related issues as indicated.
17. Actively participates in the coordination of efforts towards survey preparedness. When necessary contribute to the plan of correction for department deficiencies.
18. Participant assistance may be required in the center, clinic, or home health/In Home Services department.
19. Actively serves on various committees that support the daily operations of the program.
20. Provide on-call coverage during center hours of non-operation.
21. Communicate with weekend and afterhours on-call staff, following up on issues as necessary.
22. Maintain confidentiality of participant information.
1. Must be a graduate of an accredited Nursing Degree program and possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of PACE Organization. Active CPR Certification required.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of demonstrated successful experience in related services with geriatric population.
3. Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience working with a frail or elderly population.
4. Must have the ability to perform standard clinical procedures according to established protocols and possess initiative, solid problem solving skills and a high level of accuracy and thoroughness in documenting the delivery of services.
5. State of North Carolina - Must have Employee Medical Statement that meets the requirements of the Standards completed prior to beginning employment, signed within previous 12 months by an MD, NP or PA, indicating that the employee has no illness or health condition that would pose a risk to others and can perform the duties assigned in the job.
6. Must be action-oriented, have business acumen, manage conflict well, be customer focused, have high decision quality, flexibility to adapt to ongoing change and have organizational agility. Ability to work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment.
7. Possess interpersonal skills to drive collaboration, commitment and productivity when working with crossfunctional teams, customers and end users. Must be comfortable functioning in a virtual, collaborative shared leadership environment.
8. Demonstrates superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills appropriate for audience comprehension. Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral, that may be used either in an on-site or virtual environment is required. Able to communicate effectively with individuals and groups representing diverse perspectives.
9. Comprehensive to expert proficiency with Microsoft product suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.); basic knowledge and experience with electronic mail and calendaring system. Knowledge of systems necessary, experience preferred. Ability to type with speed and accuracy. Ability to use other software as required to perform Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) the essential functions of the job.
10. Possesses a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and independent decision-making abilities with the skills to plan, organize, develop, implement and interpret programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the organization in line with mission, vision, and philosophy of LIFE at St. Joseph of the Pines.
11. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to perform multiple duties and functions related to daily operations and maintain excellent customer service skills. Ability to perform frequent detailed tasks and provide immediate service with frequent interruptions. Ability to change and be flexible with work priorities. Strong problem solving skills.
12. Ability to research, analyze and assimilate information from various on-site or virtual sources based on technical and experience based knowledge. Must exhibit critical thinking skills and possess the ability to prioritize workload.
13. Position may require 10% of travel within the Centers geographic region.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIRMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work parameters and adapt to work priorities that frequently change. Must be able to work on a variety of tasks/projects in physical or virtual environments that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
2. Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
3. Primarily works inside with frequent kneeling, crouching, reaching, lifting, sitting, walking, bending and lifting. Must be able to push, pull, move and or lift a minimum of 20 pounds if applicable.
Physical mobility that includes movement from place to place.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical agility, that includes ability to maneuver body while in place.
Dexterity of hands and fingers.
Coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot. Must possess the above ability with or without the use of prosthetics that will enable adequate functionality so that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
4. Subject to exposure to noise, infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc. including TB, HIV, HEP B viruses. May be subject to the handling of and exposure to hazardous chemicals.
5. Must be able to speak, read and write the English language in an understandable manner.
6. Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset and at times hostile customers. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, participants, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
7. Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the work place.
8. Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position. Must be able to comply with organizational policies and procedures.
9. Must be able to spend majority of work time utilizing a computer, monitor, and keyboard. Must be able to work with frequent interruptions and perform detailed tasks.
10. Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this organization, which include a medical and physical examination.
11. May be required to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and other positions temporarily when necessary and may be subject to call back during emergency conditions. May be required to work on shifts other Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) than those which originally hired.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.