This is an exciting opportunity for a full-time Finance Business Partner to join a dynamic, creative team at Throughline, a premier visual information design firm. Throughline Inc. is an enterprise design & strategy firm, headquartered in Washington, DC. with additional locations in Charleston, SC and Camp Hill, PA. We are strategists, designers, and communication experts committed to building powerful visual tools that inform and inspire stakeholders to work toward the success of their organization. Throughline is a 2016 Davey Award winner and a seven-time recipient of Inc. Magazine 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. Visit www.throughline.com for more information.
If you are keen to join our team, we are looking for “whole-brain thinkers” with a passion for problem solving in areas such as technology, customer experience, logistics, and information systems, balanced with experience in internal and external B2B or B2C communications, and a flare for graphic design.
The Finance Business Partner role is the finance team’s lead liaison with project teams for revenue management, project management and resourcing. In this highly visible, cross-functional role, the AFS provides support to Throughline’s executive team, front-line leaders, and project leads. The ideal candidate has an accounting or finance background with a consultant mindset. This individual is highly detail oriented, comfortable with multi-tasking and managing multiple deadlines, motivated by the impact they have on the organization, and will work hard to build trust, earn loyalty, and influence better decision making.
WORK AREAS & RESPONSIBILITIES
FINANCE, ACCOUNTING & ANALYTICS
• Oversee key procedures to complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close activities, analysis, and reporting, including identifying opportunities to develop or improve current processes
• Develop individually tailored financial reporting packages for employees, leadership, and BOA
• Lead FP&A including maintaining Annual Operating Plan and conducting budgeting, forecasting, projecting, KPI reporting and other various financial analysis activities
• Serve as project manager for Throughline’s analytics team, Data Squad
CLIENT DELIVERY OVERSIGHT
• Support project kick-off process to ensure adherence to contractual and internal requirements including resource allocation, burn plan development and project set-up
• Partner with external accountant to monitor and report on project financial tracking, project burn, and project level P&L
• Provide ad-hoc analysis and reporting to project teams as necessary
• Support project closeout process including a project hotwash, tracker archiving and final P&L analysis
• Draft 1099 and subcontractor agreements
• Respond to financial and/or contractual data calls from clients
• Create and send all invoices for review ensuring adherence to internal policies and contractual requirements
• Manage Accounts Receivable through the creation of A/R Aging Reports, and maintaining communication with internal project team and client counterparts to ensure invoices are in good order and paid on time
• Communicate new contract awards to leadership, project leads, and finance
• Create and share monthly executive reports on all accounts including period of performance, funding status, and quarterly invoicing projections
• Maintain resourcing matrix with input from project leads, executive sponsors, growth team and executive team
• Create & update weekly staffing and utilization report including utilization percentages, variance reporting and KPI reporting
• Manage weekly resourcing meeting and provide recaps via email
• Help staff projects on kickoff and adjust staffing throughout a project in partnership with project leads to maintain budget goals
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, or a related field
• Highly proficient in Excel, Word and proficiency in Microsoft BI, Tableau or other data viz software
• Strong organizational skills, high level of accuracy, and keen attention to detail
• Ability to think strategically and proactively identify and lead new initiatives
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to work as a team and interact professionally with senior leadership, employees, and clients
We value a cover letter as a pitch for how you are qualified for and interested in this position, and as a formal writing sample.
Throughline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.