You haven't searched anything yet.
The Gardner School is an academically-focused preschool for ages 6 Weeks to 5 Years. We have created a rich learning environment that stimulates our students’ physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth. We have locations in Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia and Colorado.
The Gardner School has an exciting opportunity for Lead Teachers and Assistant Teachers working in our State-of-the-Art facility. An ideal candidate has a love for the early childhood profession and a strong, positive curiosity about life that sparks confidence and joy in those around them.
Perks for our Teachers:
● NO NIGHTS OR WEEKENDS!
● Health, Dental and Vision insurance
● Flexible schedule and Paid time off
● Discounted tuition
● We strongly believe in promoting from within, rewarding our amazing teachers with opportunities to grow within our privately-owned company.
Our Culture is Best in Class!
At The Gardner School, you will be part of a caring, fun, dynamic group of professional teachers that thrive on providing exceptional educational experiences. You will work in an environment that values your contributions and provides you with the resources you need to apply high- quality, developmentally appropriate programs. Your experience and expertise are highly valued, your contributions are recognized, and your professional goals are supported. If you have a desire and passion to make a difference in the lives of children and parents, The Gardner School is the place for you.
Essential Job Duties:
● Develop and maintain a safe and nurturing classroom environment in which children can learn and grow.
● Introduce and implement a developmentally appropriate curriculum which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
● Plan and execute age-appropriate weekly lesson plans.
● Engage and communicate with individual children during the activities and routines.
● Facilitate regular parent/guardian communication and conferences to discuss orientation, transitions, and development goals.
● Follow all safety and health rules while supervising all children at all times.
● Demonstrate awareness of the entire group whether working with a small group or individuals.
● Keep the environment and equipment safe, clean and attractive.
● Support organizational mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies to parents/guardians and coworkers.
● Offer and share ideas and materials with coworkers.
● Participate actively with your peers through communication, collaboration, and curriculum planning.
● Meet state licensing requirements for education and experience
Requirements for our Teachers:
● Possess a valid driver’s license
● Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
● One year of professional experience preferred
● Must love working with children and have a loving and nurturing personality
● Excellent communication skills, including personal face-to-face communications with parents, staff, and children
● Strong organizational skills
● Computer literacy required
Qualifications for Lead Teacher:
● BS or BA degree in Elementary Education or Early Childhood Education or related degree
● Masters preferred
Qualifications for Assistant Teacher:
● High School diploma or equivalent
● Associates Degree in Early Childhood or related field and/or CDA preferred
● Frequently lifts or moves weight as in lifting, carrying, and holding children and infants of 10 to 60 pounds
● Ability to operate computer, phone and other office equipment as needed
● Ability to lift and carry of children up to 60 pounds
● Ability to read, write, speak, hear, think, communicate, concentrate, learn and work
● Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Knowledge of general administrative tasks
● Problem solving skills
● Ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally and in writing
● Ability to manage time effectively and efficiently
● Ability to multitask
● Regular and reliable attendance
The Gardner School extends equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
Work Location: In person
Full Time | Part Time