The Fleet Manager is focused on driving profitability and revenue growth by streamlining the contract sales processes as well as managing the company owned assets to ensure maximum utilization. This person will build and maintain the tools, processes, and team that can efficiently process fleet orders and manage fleet disposals, fleet utilization, and vehicle specifications. This position will be responsible to build all the trucks for the sales team optimizing the specifications of the truck as the best solution to a customer’s needs. They will own this entire process from specification to the in service date and ensure the teams are consistently updated throughout this process.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Build truck specifications for sales requests on the various products TEC Leasing Offers
- Manage the fleet order, acquisition, and in-service processes
- Manage the fleet disposal process
- Update and maintain the contract sales and pricing tools
- Manage lease pool orders
- Provide oversight of company owned assets for TEC Leasing and other TEC companies
- Improve utilization by optimizing rental fleet transfers and opportunities throughout all locations
- Project Management – Process improvement throughout each area of responsibility
The Fleet Manager is a fully functional advanced professional with strong business acumen, financial acumen and people management skills. This person must build and maintain strong working relationships with Corporate peers, branch General Managers and Department Managers. The Fleet Manager will start as an individual contributor and as the business grows, build a team that embraces the role of internal service provider. Identifying organizational needs and delivering tools and internal services to support branch operations in fleet management and sales processing is critical to success.
- Apply an expert understanding of general financial acumen and link the impact of the fleet management and sales processing to financial results.
- Build and analyze monthly control reports that validate fleet management and sales processing.
- Work with branch leasing Directors and Managers to support their efforts to manage truck orders and disposals.
- Provide expertise and recommendations for the sales and management teams on truck build, truck OEM, and warranty combinations that balance the needs of the customers, the disposal value, and the operating expenses of each vehicle.
- Work hand in hand with the sales team to build truck specifications. Once the deal is sold, coordinate truck orders with the corporate leasing admin team. Track orders and work with corporate leasing admin, branch management, new truck sales and the OEM to streamline the delivery and in-service process.
- Build and maintain the tools, workflows, and processes necessary to manage the customer fleets for the leasing company and the internal fleet for other TEC businesses.
- Work closely with corporate and field managers to standardize acquisition methods for vehicles specs and warranties, determine the proper life cycle of the asset, identify and facilitate the disposal of assets, and group purchases of like assets to lower acquisition costs.
- Run analytics on revenue mix of the asset type, customer type, credit quality, and product type for customer lease and rental fleets and work with field leasing locations to strike a proper balance.
- Identify all key workflows within fleet management and sales processing. Evaluate effectiveness of workflows based on linkage to Mission statement, scalability, and overall impact on the customer experience. Use structured problem solving techniques such as Six Sigma, Lean or, 5S to implement robust, best-in-class processes.
- Act as a gatekeeper for process workflows in fleet management and contracts sales process, providing branches with documented support such as policies, process maps and detailed procedures and desktop manuals. Ensure that for key processes and functions, there is adequate cross training and redundancy. Actively measure the performance of all key workflows.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators that are aligned with TEC’s and Leasing business plan and goals.
- Lead projects to improve fleet management and the contract sales process including but not limited to implementations of new programs, onboarding of vehicles, and onboarding of new sales products. Institutionalize best practices and experience to create blueprints for future application.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry and participate in trainings or events as appropriate. In addition, place an emphasis on professional development for team members by determining what motivates each team member and the strengths and weaknesses of each team member, and by empowering team to become entrepreneurs within their roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, engineering, operations management, or related field
- Minimum Five years’ successful experience in management with proven history of achieving business objectives; related experience within automotive/trucking industry desired
- Experience with analyzing, prioritizing, identifying, and executing solutions; prior experience with P&L responsibility
- Project management experience
- Possess high level of business acumen and able to anticipate future trends and identify business opportunities and risks
- Knowledge in root causes analysis/problem solving and the ability to implement and drive corrective actions and efficiencies
- Excellent people management and leadership skills; strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent relationship building skills with proven track record of fostering good relationships with internal and external partners (to include vendors and customers)
- Demonstrated ability to work through conflict and effectively participate in difficult conversations.
- Proficient with Windows, Microsoft Office, CDK, Enrich and other dealership software
- Valid driver’s license
- Training or certification in Lean Six Sigma preferred
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all applicable screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.