About Us:Swami International has been providing affordable housing throughout the South Bay area for over 30 years. We are looking for Maintenance Technicians to assist with preventative maintenance and unit turn-arounds. If you have experience with painting, carpentry, plumbing or HVAC, you are encouraged to apply.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Department: Maintenance Department
Status: Full time, Non-exempt
Overview: Maintenance technician will be responsible for one or more of the following areas; regular maintenance, painting, carpentry, electrical and/or plumbing works to ensure that residential and commercial units are habitable in a timely manner.
1. Replace and/ or repair window, window frame and screen;
2. Hang doors;
3. Replace and rekey locks;
4. Replace door knobs, hinges, and other hardware;
5. Install, replace and/or repair kitchen appliances, closet doors, towel bars, shower handles, shower doors, phone jacks, etc;
6. Repair and/or replace light fixtures.
1. Handle all pre paint preparation including but not limited to washing walls and/or sanding walls, removing old stains, paint or treatments, paint and/or reface walls, etc;
2. Sand, paint or texture walls, baseboards, moldings, ceilings, closets, doors, cabinets, walls, etc.;
3. Reglaze, varnish and/or stain cabinets and/or doors.
1. Install cabinetry and/or other cabinets, doors, drawers, vanities, etc.;
2. Install tile, granite, and/or marble countertop/floor and/or shower/bath stalls.
1. Repair and/or replace/install smoke alarms, outlets, switches, plate covers, GFI, 240 volts, breakers, thermostat, AC/heater.
1. Repair and or replace/install faucets, bathtubs, sinks, garbage disposals and/or electrical/gas water heaters, etc.;
2. Unclog toilets, kitchen sinks and other drain lines including main lines when necessary.
Duties 1. Perform other tasks and special projects as required.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Min. of 2 years maintenance experience
3. Must provide own transportation; ability to provide own tools a plus.
4. car travel required;
5. Proof of valid driver’s license, vehicle registration and auto insurance required;
6. Prefer one or more of the following certifications; Plumbing certificate, Electrical certificate, EPA certified and certified in Osha safety requirements;
7. Proven ability to safely operate power tools;
8. Willing to work overtime and/or weekends when necessary a plus;
9. Must be professional and costumer service oriented, with the ability to deal effectively with unsatisfied tenants;
10. Excellent written/verbal communication skills, including the ability to express thoughts clearly and exchange information with others;
11. Bi-lingual Spanish a plus;
12. Able to work in a fast-paced environment;
13. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision while using common sense;
14. Ability to efficiently troubleshoot and assess a problem;
15. Ability to follow directions and take initiative;
16. Excellent time management skills including the ability to be highly organized and detail-oriented;
17. Maintains a safe working environment;
18. Able to endure and experience temperature changes;
19. Able to lift and or carry up to 20 pounds above shoulder level on a frequent basis and team lifting above 50 pounds when necessary;
20. Ability to walk, stand, climb, stoop, bend, kneel, and or crawl;
21. Ability to work in small, confined workspaces.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
50 - 100
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for Maintenance Technician include Plumbing, HVAC, Carpentry, Painting, preventative maintenance, Time Management, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Maintenance Technician. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Maintenance Technician. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
preventative maintenanceView Jobs
Time ManagementView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Maintenance Technician positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Maintenance Technician, it can be promoted into senior positions as a General Maintenance Worker IV that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Maintenance Technician. You can explore the career advancement for a Maintenance Technician below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Maintenance Technician, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Maintenance Technician for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Maintenance Technician job description and responsibilities
A maintenance technician needs expertise with a wide range of tools, equipment and systems.
02/12/2022: New London, CT
A maintenance technician salary depends on several factors.
01/12/2022: Lebanon, PA
A maintenance technician's job can be physically demanding, as they may carry heavy loads, climb ladders to significant heights, squeeze through narrow spaces or adjust heavy objects.
12/01/2021: Huntington, NY
Also called a maintenance worker or general technician, these professionals ensure the consistent upkeep of all mechanical hardware.
12/04/2021: Springfield, OH
clean and perform routine maintenance on HVAC systems.
01/30/2022: Racine, WI
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Maintenance Technician jobs
Acquire the Appropriate Training.
02/10/2022: Columbia, SC
Check the oil pressure and temperature.
02/25/2022: Evansville, IN
Consider getting some technical training.
01/27/2022: Port Arthur, TX
Engineering Principles for Maintainers and Operators.
01/14/2022: Melbourne, FL
Fasten the tie-down ropes or cables to the forward and aft landing gear cross tubes and secure to ground stakes or tie-down rings.
12/19/2021: Mcallen, TX
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Maintenance Technician.