MechoSystems is the world’s leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of manual, motorized and automated solar-shading systems. The company provides innovative solutions for the design challenges of sustainability and WindowManagement® to the Architectural, Interior Design, and Engineering Communities. The headquarters of MechoSystems, which employs over 500 people worldwide, is located in Long Island City, N.Y., with manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and the U.K. (Phoenix, Az., Edison, N.J., and Milton Keynes).
We are currently looking for a Project Coordinator to join our Project Management Team. The role of the Project Coordinator is to proactively aid Project Managers in the organization of orders by following a prescribed set of rules; Follow standard methods & techniques.
* Assisting with the management certain aspects of contracted projects, achieving customer service standards, and ensuring quality standards are adhered to & Corporate monthly performance goals met
* Working collaboratively with all necessary internal/external parties to assist in the scope, review and development accurate estimates, recommend revisions to the final design
* Representing the interests of MechoSystems and the dealer, monitoring progress, risks and issues
* Assuring timely & fact-based feedback to customer questions and issues; documenting and communicating any deficiencies that would preclude us from meeting objectives, schedules, budget or warranted specifications
* Developing and maintaining schedules; specific to material requisition, shade fabrication and material delivery
* Planning sequence of work in accordance with Construction Schedule committed dates Preparing and maintaining documentation for cost/expenditure of the project, sell price of the project and any particular payment applications; submitting change order, pro forma invoicing, etc
* Liaison between Purchasing, Production Planning, Engineering, CAD, Accounting dept’s. for internal resource coordination; setting meetings and agenda, assigning functional responsibilities and tracking performance against agreed commitments
* Assuring accurate order entry, monitoring proper release of shop drawing submittal for timeliness and accuracy & shades against entered orders, tracking ship dates to ensure meeting commitments to customer
* Writing summary reports in a clear and concise manner
Education and Experience
* Associate's degree required, Engineering or Construction Management concentration preferred along with 2-3 years of Project Management experience in a manufacturing or construction environment OR Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
* Experience coordinating order issuance and order tracking
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Excellent communication, organizational, and Word/Excel skills
* Proactive and willing to initiate action, solution oriented
* Must have the ability to work on their own and bring their own skills to bear to improve the processes and procedures already in place
The job skills required for Project Coordinator include Project Management, Planning, Commitment, Accounting, Purchasing, Construction Management etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Project Coordinator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Project Coordinator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Project Coordinator, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Project Coordinator for your reference.