Sportsman Boats is looking for a CDL driver to deliver our premier boats up and down the east coast. Trips are 1 - 3 days. Primary tasks include safely loading/unloading and delivery of Sportsman boats and/or equipment while representing Sportsman Boats in a professional, quality, and customer-focused manner
What you will do:
- Operate a tractor trailer truck that transports boats and/or equipment to and from specified destinations up and down the east coast, Texas, and Michigan in all conditions in accordance with Federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within hours of service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as required by regulatory requirements
- Operate vehicle in a safe and effective manner in order to minimize the risk of injury, property damage, and/or loss of life; ensure that health and safety standards are met
- Load, secure, deliver, and unload boats and other equipment in a timely manner
- Maintain records required for compliance with State and Federal regulations, including driver's logs and other records required by law
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance and presentation, including inspecting vehicle and equipment to maintain safety, functionality, and cleanliness
- Affix correct placards to tractor/trailer when necessary
- Execute additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
To be considered you must have:
- CDL-A license
- Minimum one year experience driving tractor trailer
- Clean driving record
- Possess active DOT physical card
- Ability to communicate with others to convey information effectively
- Must be dependable and reliable
- Knowledgeable of safety procedures and practices
- Be available for irregular work schedules, extended trips away from Summerville, alternating assignments
- High school diploma or GED
Why should you consider joining the Sportsman team?
- We promote from within on a regular and consistent basis
- Every employee is offered lean manufacturing and 5s training
- Our employees are treated with respect
- We offer quarterly production bonuses
- You will learn from the best in the industry
- Great benefits including 10 days paid time off, insurance, 401k, and more!
Sportsman Boats is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Apply online or come by our plant at 113 Sportsman Way, Summerville, SC 29483.
The job skills required for CDL - A Driver include Dedication, Coordination, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a CDL - A Driver.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by CDL - A Driver.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for CDL - A Driver positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a CDL - A Driver,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Truck Driver Supervisor I that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
CDL - A Driver. You can explore the career advancement for a CDL - A Driver below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.