SFI is responsible for providing full life cycle software development / DevOps for a federal agency. We are searching for a remote Java Developer. Although this is a remote position, a one time pick up of equipment and access badge is required in person in Suitland, MD.
The developer will be a key member of a team that assists in the requirements analysis, software design, development, debugging, and implementation and enhancement of new and existing software programs in Java with some SQL programming language.
The candidate will be a critical member of a team that provides development and operational support of Census applications and all the necessary processes and procedures to support Census Systems . The candidate will be responsible for instilling DevOps and software development tasks for critical and core code functionality of the existing web applications and program areas. Other responsibilities include participating in meetings, working groups, design sessions, and technical knowledge shares.
- Experience in innovative Java-centric scalable enterprise custom application design, development, integration, and delivery
- Good programming concept such as OO, API, JEE, Spring framework and AngularJS
- Understanding of Agile and Scrum fundamentals
- Experience working with enterprise relational database system (e.g., Oracle) programming experience in SQL and/or Open-source RDS
- A strong desire to understand complex systems and how to troubleshoot and make them highly available
- A collaborative spirit and you enjoy working with a team to build things in an Agile fashion
- Ability to learn new technologies
- 1 years Hands-on Java development experience, including Java Open Source frameworks and technologies.
- 4 years of software development experience.
- Experience in supporting the development innovative Java-centric scalable, secure enterprise custom applications.
- Cloud environment is a plus.
- Ability to learn.
- Good team player.
- In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be a United States Citizen.
- Ability to pass a US Public Trust background investigation for access to the client site and computing systems. You must have lived in the US for the past three (3) years.
- All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment and Credit History.
About the Company:
- SFI is nationally recognized by Inc. Magazine by being awarded the Inc. 5000 Award in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier employers in the VA, MD, DC area.
- Our commitment to excellence in client services and product development means that our people are attentive, hands-on, and bring industry-leading expertise that will meet and exceed your needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Every employee at SFI is a leader. We don’t settle. We motivate others to reach their full potential. To learn more about us visit: www.spatialfront.com
- The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $105,000 annually.
- This is a full-time remote position. Please no agencies, third parties, or corp-to-corp.
- Equal-opportunity Employer, EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
- Spatial Front Inc. participates in E-Verify.