The Administrative Specialist, provides responsive, efficient, and professional support to all areas of the business, with
administrative emphasis in the areas of General Office, and Customer Project Specialist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. All receptionist duties, to include managing incoming calls and security screening into the building from the
front door during business hours.
2. Complete the purchase order process associated with the purchase of consumable manufacturing supplies,
various raw materials, office supplies, repair parts and capital projects.
3. Cross-train into Customer Project Specialist responsibilities to give assistance when necessary. These duties
include pull/file Job Cost Folders, Job Packets, Quote Folders, send Customer Inventory Reports and enter
4. Maintain electronic history cards.
5. Maintain Vendor/Supplier Certificates of Insurance (COI) Program.
6. Make travel/hotel arrangements for staff and customers, as well as provide logistics information to the various
7. Manage and maintain electronic copies of SPBCo Administrative and Employee Handbooks, CBA and various
8. Make security badges for new employees and replacement badges when necessary and set them up in the
security system, member of Security System Group.
9. Assists the HR Department with Employee event planning and other HR tasks as needed.
10. Publish various information to the SPBCo InfoNet and EBB (Electronic Bulletin Board).
11. Facilitate publishing of the quarterly SPBCo Box Clippings Newsletter.
• Superior organization skills and the ability to work in a very time sensitive environment with a sense of
purpose and urgency.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently or under direction from others, as the specific customer or situation may
• Ability to work effectively with various business functions and at all levels of the organization, both
internally and externally.
• General familiarity with ERP systems, order entry and related follow-up actions.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Must possess a positive, friendly, can-do attitude.
Sheboygan Paper Box Company, or SPBCo as we’re commonly called, is a privately-held, family-owned business founded in 1923. Built on the foundation of cultural integrity, technological innovation and financial stability, SPBCo has been and continues to be a trusted paperboard packaging resource for numerous blue-chip Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) customers throughout the Midwest. With over $13MM in recent capital investments, we are well positioned for further growth and offer exceptional opportunities for individuals ready for new challenges.
As a growing, successful firm in the broader paperboard packaging industry, SPBCo offers numerous opportunities for the right candidate, to include new employee training schedules, skilled-trade positions within the folding carton industry and an active coaching and development culture. We also offer a full benefits package which include: health/dental/life insurance, short/long term disability, 10 paid holidays, a progressive paid vacation schedule, Flexible spend program, Teladoc program, personal time off (PTO), employee assistance program (EAP), 401(k) and Profit Sharing plan.
The job skills required for Administrative Specialist include PowerPoint, Communication Skills, Logistics, Life insurance, Integrity etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Administrative Specialist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Administrative Specialist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Administrative Specialist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Administrative Specialist for your reference.