Who We Are:
At Planet Fitness, our mission has always been to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, judgement free environment. We are proud to be one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States with over 2,000 clubs and growing!Joining the PF family means being part of a company that is based on an established culture and strong set of values. It is being a part of a supportive, engaging team that cares about bettering the health and wellbeing of the community in an environment where everyone feels like they belong. It is having fun at work while creating member experiences that consistently exceed their expectations. It means being part of a brand that you can be proud of!
Who You Are:
All of our Team Members at Planet Fitness share one thing in common – a passion for our amazing brand and a desire to make our members feel welcome in our Judgement Free Zone®Characteristics that will make you a perfect match for our Front Desk Associate:
- Exhibit a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Have a passion for delivering a consistent and exceptional experience to our members, guests, and fellow PF team members.
- Pride yourself on your work while being punctual, reliable, and dependable.
- Handle all interactions with diplomacy and exhibit a genuine motivation for helping others.
- Act with integrity and show respect to everyone around you.
- Exhibit strong communication skills and have an ability to listen and empathize.
- Inspire and motivate others to achieve their goals.
- Are a quick study with the ability to apply what you have learned during online and hands-on training.
About the Front Desk Associate Role:
As a Front Desk Associate, you will be responsible for providing a superior level of customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests while ensuring an exceptional “Judgement Free” member experience!Daily responsibilities for the Front Desk Associate also include:
- Greet members/guests as they enter and exit the club; assisting them with any questions or concerns as they check in.
- Help to promote our Judgement Free Zone® by connecting with members on the club floor, offering assistance and showing support in their fitness journeys while upholding club policies.
- Resolve member concerns and escalate to a Manager as needed.
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with their inquiries.
- Perform membership related functions such as sign-ups, contact/billing information updates, cancellations, collecting unpaid balances and transferring memberships.
- Perform prospective member calls and tours; assessing their membership needs.
- Execute retail transactions with accuracy and drive sales goals.
- Resolve member concerns and escalate to a Manager as needed.
- Regular, consistent cleaning and sanitizing of all exercise equipment and Black Card spa amenities. This includes communal spaces as well as your assigned area.
- Ensuring restrooms are clean and sanitized, stocked and clutter free by following the routine cleaning schedule.
- Frequently perform a comprehensive walk of all club areas; quickly fix any safety/policy issues and address cleanliness concerns.
- Promptly address maintenance and facility concerns such as broken and/or missing equipment (i.e., Dispensers, leaky faucets, fixtures etc.)
About Your Qualifications:
Physical Demands of the Front Desk Associate:
- 6-12 months of experience in a customer service environment is preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Willing to become CPR/AED Certified (Training provided by Planet Fitness)
- Basic computer proficiency
Health and Safety Requirements:
- Continual standing and moving throughout the club to accomplish tasks during shift.
- Continual communicating in person or on the phone to exchange information during shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Will encounter toxic chemicals during shift.
- Frequent cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities.
- Moving self in different positions, including bending and twisting, to accomplish tasks.
Every team member is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Team members are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all applicable policies and protocols, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner.
More reasons to join Planet Fitness!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance*
- Vacation*/Sick Time/Holiday Pay
- Free Black Card Membership
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Term Life Insurance*
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts*
- Employee perks and discounts
- Engaging team-building competitions and social events
*Please note that certain benefits listed above are for full-time employees only
The job skills required for Front Desk Associate include Customer Service, Billing, Communication Skills, Leadership, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Front Desk Associate.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Front Desk Associate.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Customer Service
For the skill of Billing
For the skill of Communication Skills
The following is the career advancement route for Front Desk Associate positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Front Desk Associate,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Receptionist II that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Front Desk Associate. You can explore the career advancement for a Front Desk Associate below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Front Desk Associate, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Front Desk Associate for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Front Desk Associate job description and responsibilities
Front Desk Associate keeps the front desk and lobby area clean and neat.
01/02/2022: Houston, TX
The Front Desk Receptionist will perform a variety of general office duties such as client service, data entry, requisition of supplies, secretarial services, mail services, public relations, correspondence, and word processing.
02/05/2022: Saint Louis, MO
Working at the front desk requires using computers to keep records, process payments, and complete other tasks.
03/03/2022: Virginia Beach, VA
Maintaining cleanliness of front desk areas to contribute to an exceptional facility experience.
01/04/2022: Trenton, NJ
The Front Desk employee ensures positive customer experience.
12/09/2021: Lafayette, LA
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Front Desk Associate jobs
A front desk agent does not need any experience but should have a high school degree or GED equivalent.
02/14/2022: Memphis, TN
A front desk receptionist needs to be highly organized, friendly and engaging.
01/09/2022: Chillicothe, OH
Because a front desk worker has to multitask and serve many guests at once, a good employee must keep calm under pressure.
02/03/2022: Bridgeport, CT
Front desk employees need to be able to get along and work with a variety of people.
02/24/2022: Monroe, LA
Always Be Available as a Mentor.
03/03/2022: Lancaster, PA
View the best colleges and universities for Front Desk Associate.
High Point University