The Registered Nurse (RN) assists in ensuring the general health and well-being of assigned individuals by providing direct nursing care. Direct nursing care of residents encompasses planning, developing, organizing, implementing assessing, and evaluating the care of individuals to ensure that the highest degree of quality care and regulatory compliance is maintained at all times. RN’s monitor the performance of non-licensed personnel and assist in modifying treatment regimens to meet the physical, psychosocial and developmental needs of the individual in accordance with established nursing practices and the requirements of the policies and procedures of the organization in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards governing the facility.
Join Our Team
Dramatically Increased Wages!
12 hour shifts, 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Consistent work and holiday rotations to provide you with a great work/life balance, Dramatically Increased Wages!, Employee of the Month recognition, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team, Every 3rd weekend rotations, Free Uniforms, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Strong leadership, Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program
Essential Job Functions of the Registered Nurse RN
Actively participates in the planning and delivery of care to all assigned individuals. The RN is fully responsible for all actions as a licensed professional and is accountable to individuals for the quality of care delivered.
Administers medications and treatments to assigned individuals as ordered by the physician. The 5 rights of medication administration will be utilized as appropriate.
- Performs patient care using the fundamentals of the nursing process
- Follows established policies and procedures of the facility
- Accepts a written or verbal order from an authorized practitioner
- Assists in individual’s admission, discharge and transfer. Ensures the initial admission assessment is completed
- Ensures there is an adequate report given associated with assigned individuals
- Educates individuals and families as needed
- Responsible for accurate assessment, evaluation and reporting of individual’s symptoms as needed
- Monitors individual care standards and assures rights of individuals are respected.
- Assists the Nurse Technician (NT) and Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with direct care of individuals as needed
- Observes and evaluates the performance of LPNs and Nurse Technicians and provides direct constructive feedback as needed.
- Appropriately delegates direct / indirect care activities to NTs and LPNs; appropriately revises assignments based on changes in individual census, acuity and available resources
- Ensures that NTs and LPNs complete all assignments, promptly report changes in individual conditions, appropriately perform required documentation and comply with all established policies and procedures of the facility and the Nursing Department
- Implements emergency procedures in a correct and efficient manner.
Performs and promotes timely and accurate documentation.
Assists in performing accurate thorough and timely completion of nursing admission evaluations and re-evaluations of individual care needs in accordance with Nursing Department standards of practice.
Documents as required in care plans, nursing notes, medical administration records, treatment records and other necessary records.
Provides evaluation of needs of individual care planning information as necessary and as requested by RN Supervisor, Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing and other health care disciplines; completes individual education in accordance with established procedures.
Performs all position duties according to safety rules and standards of practice required for this position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, individuals and visitors of the facility.
Reports to the Director of Nursing, Assistant Director of Nursing, RN Supervisor and/or licensed professional any unusual symptoms, changes of condition, daily needs and progress of individuals.
Contacts MD/NP/PA for orders or updates according to individual’s response to treatment plan and/or situation and updates family members as needed.
Participates in Change-of-Shift Report and is responsible for bringing nursing personnel of next shift up to date regarding the care and needs of individuals.
Attends and participates in orientation and in-service training prior to performing tasks that are new or that the RN does not feel competent performing.
Attends and participates in continuing education programs designed to keep staff abreast of changes in the profession, changes in company policies/procedures, and completion of all annual mandatory education. Encourages and participates in the ongoing education and professional development of NTs and LPNs.
Serves as a role model and represents the organization in a manner that conveys professionalism, appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness, personal integrity and a respect for the fundamental rights, dignity, personal comfort and privacy of others.
Participates in quality improvement, clinical and safety programs upon request.
Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
Supports and abides by Pediatric Specialty Care’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
Abides by Pediatric Specialty Care’s businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
- Identifies allergies prior to medication administration
- Ensures proper storage of medication
- Questions any order that is unclear, contraindicated and perceived as unsafe; obtains clarification via the ordering physician, when indicated
- Administers immunizing agents and skin testing as ordered
- Records all medication administration in the MAR
- Initiates and maintains IV therapy which includes:
- Adjustment of infusion rate
- Administration of IV fluids and IV bolus/ IV push medications including medication and fluids administered via patient-controlled administration system
- Assessment of the insertion site and performance of insertion site care (including dressing changes)
- Discontinuation of an IV medication or IV fluid with physician order
- Administration, maintenance and discontinuation of total parenteral nutrition and fat emulsion
- Collection of blood sample via an IV access device, including implantable venous access devices
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to work independently or part of a group
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Displays patience, empathy and passion for working with children
- Ability to be flexible and interact with a variety of developmental levels
- Ability to handle confidential information with professional discretion
Base wages increase with experience!
Educational Requirements and Qualifications of the Registered Nurse RN
- Credentials as a Registered Nurse with a current state license in good standing for the state in which work is performed
- Valid, current BLS/CPR and First Aid certification
- Must be at last 21 years of age
- Training and work experience in a pediatric setting preferred
- Meets the qualifications of a Child Care Supervisor as described in 55 Pa. Code Chapter 3800
Pediatric Specialty Care expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.