OVG 360 has an exciting opening for an Operations Manager for the new Enmarket Arena that opened in February 2022. The Enmarket Arena boasts a 9,500-seat arena with luxury suites, club seating, and first-rate food and beverage. The Enmarket Arena has bolstered entertainment in the Southeast by hosting must-see national touring concerts, family shows, comedians, and more. The venue is also expanding sports in the region by recently introducing a tenant ECHL hockey team, the Savannah Ghost Pirates, along with presenting professional, collegiate and amateur sporting events.
This position is a working managerial position in support of the VP of Events & Operations and deals with all aspects of building conversions. Work includes coordinating building conversions, training part time staff, delegation of responsibilities to appropriate subordinates and maintenance duties. This position is a predominantly overnight role which oversees the changeovers of the building from event to event at Enmarket Arena with emphasis on the conversions and maintenance of the building.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Oversees the installation/removal and maintenance of all event related assets including, but not limited to, dasher/glass system, staging, basketball floor, ice decking, and all permanent and temporary seating
• Assists Engineering with equipment PM duties and basic maintenance
• Coordinates and communicates all changeover information to the Part-Time Operations Department Staff and 3rd party staff to ensure that all changeovers are executed in a timely and professional manner
• Supervises the performance of the part–time Operations Staff including 3rd party help on all non-event days, event days, and overnight changeovers
• Oversees and directs third party housekeeping staff on day to day housekeeping along with coordinating larger scale housekeeping projects.
• Oversees and maintains all housekeeping equipment including washer/dryer and floor scrubber
• Must be fully versed and skilled in all operations of Enmarket Arena equipment including, but not limited to, forklift, hand tools, Zamboni, power tools, floor scrubbers and vehicles
• Oversees the training and scheduling of Part-Time Operations staff
• Assists in the development and implementation of the Enmarket Arena’s Risk Management Program comprised of OSHA safety regulations and Security and Emergency Management Programs
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of current management principles and practices including supervisory skills; must also possess mechanical abilities and the knowledge of basic tools
- Must possess the ability to work effectively under pressure and/or the stringent schedules and produce accurate results; must possess the ability to work independently and exercise proper judgment in routine matters
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of building conversions, including coordinating conversions with Operations Department heads and VP of Events & Operations
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge of basic maintenance principals and the organization of the facility
- Must be licensed and insured to operate a motor vehicle
- Must possess a degree in management/business/technical related field in combination with a minimum of two year’s event operations experience in a similar facility
- Must possess the ability to meet the physical demands of this job which include being able to access all areas of the facility, lifting and carrying up to sixty (60) pounds, moving, climbing, and working at various heights
- Must possess the ability to work a flexible schedule to include mostly overnights, days, weekends, and holidays and have reliable transportation
- Strategic Thinker
- Attention to Detail
- Works well under pressure
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
Strengthened by our Differences. United to Make a Difference.
At OVG, we understand that to continue positively disrupting the sports and live entertainment industry, we need a diverse team to help us do it. We also believe that inclusivity drives innovation, strengthens our people, improves our service, and raises our excellence. Our success is routed in creating environments that reflect and celebrate the diverse communities in which we operate and serve, and this is the reason we are committed to amplifying voices from all different backgrounds.
Updated Vaccination Statement as of 3/17/2022:
We are committed to ensuring all our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Based on recent encouraging trends in the U.S. and Canada, we highly encourage our employees to continue to get vaccinate and boosted against COVID-19. Should circumstances change, we may need to reinstate vaccination requirements, in whole or in part, to safeguard the health of our employees, guests, performers, athletes, and partners.