We are a skilled nursing facility looking for dynamic associates to join our team and provide our guests with a care experience that will change their lives! We’re looking for a dynamic director of nursing team to lead our clinical associates and provide our guests with a care experience that will change their lives! We need you to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of your Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
Director of Nursing, RN
- Directly supervises employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Facility's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coordinates care and services, improves organization and implementation of plans of care, and quality of life and for all residents.
- Ensures proper assessment of all prospective residents prior to admission including visiting client at their home or in the hospital.
- Conducts quality assessment and assurance activities, including regulatory compliance rounds, in all departments to monitor performance and to continuously improve quality.
- Develops staffing plans that assure sufficient staffing to meet direct care needs, recommends numbers and types of nursing personnel necessary to provide care and to maintain compliance with facility mission and federal and state requirements.
- Ensures 24 hour availability as nursing administration resource by providing on-call and telephone access or designating an alternative, qualified nursing staff member to do so.
- Audits clinical records for accuracy and completeness of comprehensive resident assessments, effective documentation reflecting resident responses to interventions and consistent implementation of plans of care by all staff and professionals, on all shifts.
- Leads/Participates in interdisciplinary conferences as needed to develop adequate plans of care.
- 3 years of supervisory experience in a hospital, long-term facility or other related healthcare facility.
- 6 months training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- RN license in the state of California
- Clear background check
We have awesome benefits, check them out at www.missioncarmichael.com/careers/