Power 106 in LA is looking for the next morning show cast member to activate, elevate and energize mornings in LA! This is the job and the station that dreams are made of on the legendary Power 106… and if you’re obsessed with LA radio, you know how many careers have gone from good to great at Power 106.
If you have the goods and the X Factor to deliver the show you know is missing in LA, send your information now and apply!
You’ll report to the PD, work closely with a producer and the cast and team, but more importantly, you will bring your creatively and personal leadership to inspire the people around you to do more and better every day. You know that success is not based on luck; it is based on hard work, consistency, and relentless pursuit of performance goals.
You are a personal leader whose creativity inspires others. You love people and to entertain. You are a great communicator and are obsessed with prep, collaboration, and creative angles to content.
You want to be in the community a LOT and won’t leave an appearance until everyone gets their selfie with you.
You love to inspire and motivate others to win, you have the confidence to execute and have earned respect from your team.
You are quick on your feet with guests and artists, but above all, you are prepared for the interview.
You’re great on social. If you’re not camera-ready, you can be ready pretty quickly.
You bring with you knowledge of and living experience with LA, our people, habits and favorite teams, experiences, joints, activities, events, and culture.
You are a great listener, can read a room, and treat people in a way that makes them feel special.
Studio operating systems, VoxPro, and editing audio don’t scare you.
You have great client relationships and love to see them sell stuff when you do their endorsements.
You understand FCC regulations, and you thrive in a fast-paced live broadcast environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all content meets the company and FCC standards Dynamic, natural, authentic communication style.
- Creating chemistry with the other cast members.
- Contribute multi-platform content such as ideas, bits, audio and interview questions.
- Prepare and create a topical show by gathering information from online, apps, TV, RSS feeds and social media.
- Understands how to use social media strategically to drive occasions of listening
- Outstanding at dealing w sales and clients.
- Great collaborator
- Always Camera Ready
- Participate and prep for interviews of guests, musical or other famous or public personalities or trending topic owners.
- Possess both audio and video editing skills and shooting video and gathering audio ability.
- On top of all pop culture breaking news
- The ability to put a unique/fresh spin on original content.
- Answer phone lines and interview members of listening audience.
- Airs contest according to the specifications of the Program Director.
- Attends live, in-person appearances as scheduled by the station or requested by clients.
- Maintains and builds a positive cooperative attitude within the station and a strong personal community involvement.
- Operates control console.
- Performs commercial production.
- Follow and enforce FCC regulations, station and company policies, including implementing station’s/state’s EAS procedures.
- Other job-related duties as required.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding organization skills, attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-pace environment.
- A great understanding of the mainstream nature of Hip Hop, and its influence on all elements of pop culture required.
- Social media savvy (i.e. Twitter, IG, etc.) with writing experience.
- Valid driver’s license and state mandated automobile insurance required.
- A degree in mass communication or equivalent experience in the broadcast media industry
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with entertainers and personalities of all types
- Advanced content creation
- High-level social media chops
- Candidate will be a media pro on-air and behind the scenes
- Studio expertise and the ability to use automation systems, as well as VoxPro, Adobe Audition and video-related software
- Microsoft Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented/Highly organized/Multitask capable
- Excellent written communication skills
- Works well under pressure
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Work location is Burbank, CA