JOIN THE UP MOVEMENT
We invite you to join our team as
Joining Manitou means forging your career path as part of an international group offering real opportunities to make an impact through your contributions.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY & CULTURE:
Manitou Group, a world leader in rough-terrain handling, invents, produces, distributes and services material for construction, agriculture and industries. We design, manufacture, distribute, and service products and solutions for the material handling, access equipment and compact earth moving activities that work smarter, faster, safer and cost efficiently. Through its iconic brands - Manitou, Gehl and Mustang by Manitou - and its network of 1,500 dealers worldwide, the group offers the best solutions by creating optimum value for its customers. With its headquarters in France, the group recorded a revenue of 1.9 billion euros across 140 countries in 2018, and it employs 4,400 people who are all committed to satisfying customers.
We are passionate about our products and people. We are a company that thrives on employee engagement and driven to achieve excellence. We are proud of delivering results through accountability, collaboration, integrity and teamwork. We are Manitou.
Convinced that work is a source of self-fulfillment, we look after the well-being of our teams by improving their work environment on a daily basis with a proactive Health and Safety Culture, open communication, recognition and developing our talent.
Manufacturing Engineer plans, directs and coordinates manufacturing processes and projects in the plant; responds to manufacturing issues and concerns to insure products are produced to specifications and according to manufacturing schedules while insuring efficient use of resources. Manufacturing Engineer reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager. The Manufacturing Engineer will oversee the design of production machinery and will identify and recommend solutions to production problems related to materials, processes, and tooling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods.
- Determines the processes, identifies the materials and supplies to be used, and designs and builds appropriate fixtures necessary for efficient and cost effective manufacturing.
- Establishes bills of material, manufacturing routings, machine burdens, and new work centers.
- Creates work instructions for new products to be manufactured.
- Designs tools and machines used to manufacture products.
- Reviews production program equipment, hardware, and tooling; makes recommendations for repairs or replacement.
- Oversees the development of new processes, methods, and production controls.
- Installs new equipment and ensures that it operates correctly; trains others to operate new machinery.
- Prepares operations manuals for new or existing equipment.
- Maintains knowledge of new and developing manufacturing technology, equipment, and applications; applies this knowledge to recommend and implement new technology and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Processes internal engineering change orders (ECOs), processes and incorporates the changes, and insures changes become effective.
- Studies and records time, motion, methods and speed involved in performance of production and other worker operations to establish standard production rates and to improve efficiencies. Institutes changes in the production processes and/or recommends adjustments to product pricing.
- Performs engineering activities in compliance with established company and manufacturing standards, engineering principles, customer requirements, and related specifications.
- Confers with customers and engineering staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
- Confers with vendors to determine part specifications and recommends the purchase of equipment and materials used in manufacturing and production.
- Estimate production times, staffing requirements, and related costs for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes. Other duties may be assigned.
- Two or more years of experience in fabrication and welding of construction and agricultural equipment is preferred.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to assess problems or issues with manufacturing equipment.
- Three years of experience as a manufacturing engineer preferred.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, communication and computer skills are required. Must be able to able to gather, manipulate and analyze data.
- Extensive knowledge of production principles and techniques.
- Proficient with Google Suite software.
- Proficient with computer-aided drafting (CAD) software.
- BS Degree in Engineering or Manufacturing required.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at times.
LOCALIZATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED:
- This position is located in Madison, SD.
- Travel up to 5% may be required.
OUR REWARDS & RECOGNITION:
In addition to an inclusive compensation package, we offer a comprehensive benefits program including Medical/Dental/Vision, a matching 401k, tuition reimbursement, volunteer program, wellness activities, employee and family activities throughout the year and so much more!
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Are you enthusiastic about this position? That’s great, because we are too!
Equal Opportunity Employer