Sales & MarketingLocation
Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, 2 Jalan Stesen Sentral, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia VIEW ON MAPSchedule
The Wedding Manager is responsible for contracting and closing all wedding and social business and ensuring that event is executed accordingly. The position is responsible for achieving wedding and social event goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and execute superior weddings and social events ensuring all arrangements are performed accordingly to the customer needs and desires.
- Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants).
- Serve as the point of contact for clients and communicate with them by phone and email to respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Committed to managing clients by providing the highest level of service and integrity.
- Keep up with trends and innovative services to craft experiences for weddings that will create a memorable program.
- Convert prospective clients into committed customers through on-site visits/meetings, property tours and proactive communication
- Coordinate and oversee weddings from beginning to end.
- Conduct and arrange tours, pre-planning visits, menu tastings, rehearsals & wedding day details.
- Prepare Event Management related documents throughout the planning process (e.g., banquet event orders, group confirmation lists, Wedding Memo, proforma invoices etc).
- Responsible for all payment information and collecting deposits outlined in the contract and per standard operating procedures.
- Works weekends, holidays and nights throughout the year as necessary to assist with onsite programs.
- Maintain positive and productive relationships with internal departments and operations.
- Attends sales meetings and weekly banquet event order meetings.
- Provides the results of the wedding surveys to management.
- Oversee and direct proper room sets and supervision of the events in progress.
- Preferably with diploma or degree in related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar capacity.
- Good command of spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia an advantage
- Warm, friendly and pleasant with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be Self-motivated and strive for excellence.
- Innovative, creative, proactive, forward thinking, details oriented, passionate, enthusiastic, competitive spirit and team player.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
At Le Méridien, we believe in helping guests unlock the unexpected and engaging experiences each destination has to offer. Our guests are curious and creative, cosmopolitan, culture seekers that appreciate sophisticated, timeless service. We provide original, chic and memorable service and experiences that inspire guests to unlock the destination. We’re looking for curious, creative and well-informed people to join our team. If you appreciate connecting with like-minded guests and have a deep desire to create unexpected experiences, we invite you to explore career opportunities with Le Méridien.
The job skills required for Wedding Planner include Planning, Event Management, Promotion, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Wedding Planner.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Wedding Planner.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of Planning
Tender Lawn Care
For the skill of Promotion
The following is the career advancement route for Wedding Planner positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Wedding Planner,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Banquet Set-Up Supervisor - Casino that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Wedding Planner. You can explore the career advancement for a Wedding Planner below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.