Inwood Athletic Club at the Joliet Park District is seeking motivated, dynamic, flexible fitness professionals. Applicants must be reliable team players who value continuing education and are willing to evolve with the fitness industry. Under the direction and supervision of the Fitness Coordinator, a Personal Trainer is responsible for development of training programs for one-on-one and group client sessions and providing fitness orientations and assessments for members of the Inwood Athletic Club. Personal Training staff are considered both revenue and retention service providers for members.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Design and implement training programs for personal training clients on an individual and/or group training basis.
· Provide the onboarding experience for Inwood Athletic Club members, including practical exercise instruction for fitness floor equipment. Ensure members understand and are comfortable with all aspects of membership.
· Create a safe and friendly environment for all members to enhance the Inwood Athletic Club “fitness family” philosophy.
· Monitor fitness floor and help enforce facility rules.
· Promote the Inwood Athletic Club, personal training services, nutrition counseling services, group fitness classes, specialty fitness programs and fitness events.
· Promote and attend fitness events hosted by the Joliet Park District.
· Represent the Joliet Park District as an ambassador of health and wellness in the community.
· Additional opportunities may be offered to teach group exercise classes or specialty fitness programs.
Other job related duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
The Inwood Athletic Club is a state of the art facility where Personal Trainers have access to a variety of equipment to provide all aspects of program design. We pride ourselves on providing an atmosphere of community that offers opportunities for all members to achieve their health and wellness goals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition to the above, Personal Trainers may be required to be able to perform and/or demonstrate the physical movements included in the programs they design.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Part time: As scheduled by the Fitness Coordinator. Personal Trainers work “floor hours” providing the aforementioned onboarding process for new members. Individual and group personal training sessions are scheduled directly with clients. If also teaching group exercise classes, note that they are scheduled 7 days per week and could include evenings and holidays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Must hold and keep current nationally recognized Personal Training Certification (ACE, NASM, WITS, etc.) and any necessary specific format certifications if utilizing specialized equipment with clients and/or teaching specialized group exercise (TRX, Aqua, Spin, etc.).
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Must hold current CPR certification.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee. The Joliet Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The job skills required for Personal Trainer (Part Time) include CPR, group fitness, group exercise etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Personal Trainer (Part Time). That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Personal Trainer (Part Time). Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.