Who We Are:
ISC is a leading industrial contractor providing safe, innovative and high-quality full-service engineering and specialized construction services to global manufacturing companies. With offices in Baton Rouge, Beaumont, and Houston, as well as job sites around the country, ISC has grown our team as high 3,000 associates and offers full-service engineering, construction, and maintenance solutions throughout the United States.
We are looking for looking for an experienced and well-organized professional to serve as Corporate Purchasing Manager based out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Under the general supervision of the CFO, this position manages the corporate purchasing function and oversees the daily activities of sourcing suppliers and purchasing products, equipment, and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred
- Purchasing professional certifications, a plus
- 7 – 10 years of experience in a corporate purchasing environment
- Industrial construction material procurement experience required
- Experience managing a purchasing group required
- Procurement of electrical construction materials a plus
- Onsite industrial experience a plus
- Experience with an ERP system required - Vista experience a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Intermediate level required
- Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures, and best practices
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions
- Monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
- Evaluate suppliers based upon price, quality, and customer service
- Assist project estimators with material quotes for bids
- Leverage purchases to maximize price discounts
- Oversee the operations and daily activities of the purchasing department
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain positive business relationships with suppliers and internal customers
- Strong analytical skills
- Motivated to recognize and resolve problems independently
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Excellent wages and complete benefits package.
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- ISC evaluates and hires applicants for employment based exclusively upon the applicant’s merit. No applicant will ever be required to pay money (or any other form of compensation) to an ISC employee to be hired by or considered for employment with the Company.
- This announcement is not intended to be a complete listing of all similar, miscellaneous, or incidental, duties, which may be required from day-to-day. ISC utilizes the multi-skill concept and expects all associates to perform other job requirements.