Hearth Hospice is looking for a Program Director to oversee our Hospice Program in Chattanooga, TN! The Hospice Director will provide overall leadership for their hospice agency operations, with a focus on growth, external market relationships, financial management, customer service and quality care delivery.
The Program Director is responsible to administer and oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations consistent with established goals, objectives, policies, and regulations of the company. The Administrator/Director shall be responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures applicable to hospice specifically and to Medicare/Medicaid issues, when applicable. The Hospice Program Director will manage the affairs of the local office(s) under the general direction of senior management.
Hearth Hospice is a premier provider of end-of-life care. Our family of hospices provide quality care through our mission-oriented and patient-centric services. We are growing rapidly and are looking for skilled individuals to join us in our journey.
We offer excellent compensation and an industry leading benefits package that includes:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company matching 401(k)
- GENEROUS time-off package (20 days PTO & 9 Holidays)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Certification Assistance
- Wellness & Discount Programs
- Cell Phone, Mileage, & Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Organize and supervise the administrative functions of the hospice program and overall local operations.
- Maintain compliance with applicable laws and regulations and implement corrective action if needed.
- Employ qualified personnel and ensuring adequate employee orientation, training, education and evaluation.
- Direct the community relations program, in conjunction with other senior managers, which allows for interpretation of the agency's services and fosters good working relations with physicians, hospitals, discharge planners, nursing facilities, community programs, and other referral sources.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the hospice program.
- Ensure that all documentation is included accurately and timely in patient's charts prior to each billing period.
- Implement the policies and procedures approved by the governing body.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, health care, or business administration preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in health care management, home health, hospice, or related health programs required.
- Two (2) years of hospice experience required with intimate knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and Department of Aging and Disability Services regulations.
- Operations and/or Sales Leadership experience required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships in the communities served as well as within a company.
- Skilled at establishing/maintaining working relationships with key staff, marketing contacts, and clinical staff to ensure the thorough understanding of Hospice Mission and services.
- Experience in analyzing processes, improvement planning, supporting change, and effectively managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- CMS requires that all patient-facing staff, as well as those that are in contact with patient-facing staff, be fully vaccinated, or have a documented religious or medical exemption. This important rule is required for all healthcare organizations that receive federal funds through Medicare or Medicaid.